Sponsored

Ford Poised For AMG Buyout, German-Tuned Mustang Possibly In The Works

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Last October, German officials took steps to ban the production of new internal combustion-powered cars by the year 2030. Although mounting pressure to create ever more efficient green vehicles is expected over the next few decades, an outright ICE ban is considered an extreme measure that could pose a huge challenge to the established German automakers. As such, AMG, the performance engineering firm best known for churning out high-spec Mercedes vehicles, might head stateside to circumvent the looming ban. Ford has been tapped as one possible buyer, prompting rumors that the Blue Oval’s next pony car could see a high-performance AMG iteration sometime in the near future.
According to insiders, Ford is eager to pick up AMG to help bolster its line of sports cars, and in particular the Mustang. “The Mustang is a global product now,” a source familiar with the matter told TopSpeed. “It’s important that Ford gives customers the sense they are buying something sporty, but also of the highest quality. An AMG badge would help monumentally in that regard.”
ford-poised-for-amg--2_800x0w.jpg

Full story
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Whilst I'd welcome that move (ready made 4 litre twin turbo V8, anyone?) I wouldn't trust any article originally written on April 1st ;)

OP
OP
Egoman

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Whilst I'd welcome that move (ready made 4 litre twin turbo V8, anyone?) I wouldn't trust any article originally written on April 1st ;)
Shit i forgot all about that lol
But there is still hope this is true :D

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Sponsored