Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 2015 Mustang GT PP
So do you think he was dumb or deceitful? I hate vendors that lie to increase sales.
Honestly, i really dont know. There can be alot of variables at play like different combinations of modifications or installer error or defective product but i reached out because its almost unanimous that most guys are having SIGNIFICANT increases in nvh and not "little to no increase". I mean all things are relative but i can tolerate my longtubes and someone reported the gear whine was audible with longtubes; so to me thats significant. I expected a little increase in noise in the back with firming it up but im not ready to turn the car into a noisy racecar; its a potent street machine.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The red differential inserts **by themselves** with no other modifications to the IRS should not increase NVH when properly installed, at least not significantly enough to cause someone to venture to a forum and document a concern. That is my (albeit limited, I'm sure) experience.

Differential inserts with the Steeda Stop the Hop kit or BMR CB005... you'll get NVH.

Some advice: don't install IRS bushing supports. They do very little for actual speed and will just make the car feel snappier by reducing minimal driveline loss due to soft mounting bushiness. I have the aluminums and started with the red inserts AND I've through-bolted my differential and the NVH is significantly more than you're experience with just red inserts. Still, it's not bad on my car, especially from a gear whine perspective.

Take the bushings out if the noise is bothersome. You will not be slower.

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
The red differential inserts **by themselves** with no other modifications to the IRS should not increase NVH when properly installed, at least not significantly enough to cause someone to venture to a forum and document a concern. That is my (albeit limited, I'm sure) experience.

Differential inserts with the Steeda Stop the Hop kit or BMR CB005... you'll get NVH.

Some advice: don't install IRS bushing supports. They do very little for actual speed and will just make the car feel snappier by reducing minimal driveline loss due to soft mounting bushiness. I have the aluminums and started with the red inserts AND I've through-bolted my differential and the NVH is significantly more than you're experience with just red inserts. Still, it's not bad on my car, especially from a gear whine perspective.

Take the bushings out if the noise is bothersome. You will not be slower.
Appreciate this advice. I guess it makes sense that they market those bushing inserts that way because as you said, by themselves, don't significantly increase NVH.

So with that said, I currently have the following parts in my garage:

BMR vertical links (TCA045)
stage 2 cradle lockout (CB-005H),
camber link arms (UTCA064),
lower control arm bearings (BK055)
and the ford performance half shafts with anti hop technology

So, you're recommending i ditch the stage 2 cradle lockouts and leave the other parts and i should have what i want in a capable street car that can put down about 680 at the wheels on 93; will be adding e85 soon as well.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No. If you want to install BMR's cradle lockout, go for it. Just skip the differential bushing inserts. I prefer Steeda's IRS solution but you have your parts.

What "anti-hop technology" do Ford halfshafts have? Other than being heavier than stock half shafts which will dampen a lot of issues, I can't guess what else they could have.

The LCA bearings will add NVH but you may not even need the CB005 if you install those. I would just get the Steeda IRS bushing supports and alignment pins and not even the Steeda IRS brace and accomplish effectively the same thing as the CB005 (in combination with LCA bearings) with less risk for additional NVH overall. The Steeda IRS bushing supports cover more surface area of the OEM IRS bushing and installing just the IRS bushing supports and alignment pins, in my experience, has induced no NVH I could notice nor the owner and almost no wheel hop except when being abusive to the car. What you have is fine, just don't expect silence (from BMR or Steeda parts in combinations). Race car parts make race car noises.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
No. If you want to install BMR's cradle lockout, go for it. Just skip the differential bushing inserts. I prefer Steeda's IRS solution but you have your parts.

What "anti-hop technology" do Ford halfshafts have? Other than being heavier than stock half shafts which will dampen a lot of issues, I can't guess what else they could have.

The LCA bearings will add NVH but you may not even need the CB005 if you install those. I would just get the Steeda IRS bushing supports and alignment pins and not even the Steeda IRS brace and accomplish effectively the same thing as the CB005 (in combination with LCA bearings) with less risk for additional NVH overall. The Steeda IRS bushing supports cover more surface area of the OEM IRS bushing and installing just the IRS bushing supports and alignment pins, in my experience, has induced no NVH I could notice nor the owner and almost no wheel hop except when being abusive to the car. What you have is fine, just don't expect silence (from BMR or Steeda parts in combinations). Race car parts make race car noises.
All the suspension parts I have are uninstalled and in boxes; so not stuck to anything. Thanks again for the advice; I will consider returning the BMR CB005H stage 2 lockouts and geting the steeda irs bushing supports. I forgot to mention that I have the steeda irs alignment pins but its for the bmr cb005; i will likely have to return that and switch to the regular alignment kit. If i decide to go that way, I may just swap out all the parts to steeda (like the vertical links and camber links). Since you mentioned the lower control arm bearings increase NVH, I will most likely return those as well. Alot to think about but thanks a bunch.

According to G Force, the anti hop technology in their outlaw axles (which are the ford performance axles) state that they use a larger diameter axle bar on the side that is most likely to receive the most power first.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The LCA bearings increase NVH, sure, but they are the single most effective IRS modification there is. It's not constant NVH. Quite frankly I tell people now to START with the LCA bearing as it's the hardest to install, then add on from there if needed. Nobody has added anything except Steeda IRS alignment pins if they followed that advice in my circle. Of course most of the time people install 100 things at once, haha. The NVH "complaints" are mostly "random non-bothersome noises" that occur rarely or some vibration from washboard/crappy roads.

I'm a Steeda fan and would love for you to return your BMR stuff and get Steeda, but I don't WORK for Steeda and would not want to put you through that effort morally. I prefer the Steeda IRS suite of products over BMR, but you have good product for your IRS already. Take it easy because I think you should take this opportunity to do things in stages, not at once, and if you report on the findings, you will be a great resource to others on the forum.

My #1 suggestion is to install the LCA bearing AND THAT'S IT. That process will be a HUGE pain in the ass so know that you can technically call Steeda and order new IRS control arms and with their bearing installed (with reasonable wait time for their shop to do the work), but obviously you have to buy the bearings and new IRS arms and pay a small shop fee. I think BMR offers some kind of similar scenario, too.

Baby steps will also keep you from overspending yourself into an NVH hole.

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
The LCA bearings increase NVH, sure, but they are the single most effective IRS modification there is. It's not constant NVH. Quite frankly I tell people now to START with the LCA bearing as it's the hardest to install, then add on from there if needed. Nobody has added anything except Steeda IRS alignment pins if they followed that advice in my circle. Of course most of the time people install 100 things at once, haha. The NVH "complaints" are mostly "random non-bothersome noises" that occur rarely or some vibration from washboard/crappy roads.

I'm a Steeda fan and would love for you to return your BMR stuff and get Steeda, but I don't WORK for Steeda and would not want to put you through that effort morally. I prefer the Steeda IRS suite of products over BMR, but you have good product for your IRS already. Take it easy because I think you should take this opportunity to do things in stages, not at once, and if you report on the findings, you will be a great resource to others on the forum.

My #1 suggestion is to install the LCA bearing AND THAT'S IT. That process will be a HUGE pain in the ass so know that you can technically call Steeda and order new IRS control arms and with their bearing installed (with reasonable wait time for their shop to do the work), but obviously you have to buy the bearings and new IRS arms and pay a small shop fee. I think BMR offers some kind of similar scenario, too.

Baby steps will also keep you from overspending yourself into an NVH hole.

Will definitely give strong consideration to returning those parts. I bought them based on alot of reading on here and got those parts finally based on a package that brenspeed put together. The reason im keeping all the suspension bits in boxes and trying to do it all at once is because im paying my shop to install and they offered some discounts to get it all done at once; but i appreciate your sound advice. I am also waiting for bilstein to ship those b16 pss10 shocks and struts. So maybe i will rethink the strategy and save alot of money in the process.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coastal Bend Mustangs of Texas

I've used BMR now on three different builds, 2 S 197 & 1 S550 and I mixed the CB005 with Steeda sub frame delrin bushings on this latest pony. The shop that will do the Steeda bushings install had a Truck on the only lift able to help me and I had to postpone the install until this Friday, Frick.
tn_20180519_115354_Burst1411.jpg

OP
OP
Pongo23

Pongo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevin
Vehicle(s)
I've used BMR now on three different builds, 2 S 197 & 1 S550 and I mixed the CB005 with Steeda sub frame delrin bushings on this latest pony. The shop that will do the Steeda bushings install had a Truck on the only lift able to help me and I had to postpone the install until this Friday, Frick.
If u choose to replace the bushings, the factory bushing inserts in cb005 become useless; so youre left with the little subframe brace. I guess i dont understand why youre adding delrin bushings to cb005. Unless you meant to say steeda diff bushings?
Sponsored