Sponsored

Ford performance borla sport exhaust. Loud!

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
Went with the sport vs the touring off of reviews but man it’s loud in the cabin under acceleration. Will it quiet with use? Should I install the factory resonator? Or go with Borla’s?
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Loud under acceleration? While cruising on the Highway at stable speed (drone)? Btw, do you have a A10 or 6 peed?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Think hes referring to over 3k rpm it does get hella loud and raspy. Hence why I switched the X-pipe to the Borla resonator. Its now perfect and no more rasp.

From what I remember it gets louder not more quiet after the mufflers are broken in.

Borla resonator also makes the cold starts a lot more tolerable. Check the model# not sure if it fits the +18 Borla Cat-back system or not.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah these high revving Mustangs
Think hes referring to over 3k rpm it does get hella loud and raspy. Hence why I switched the X-pipe to the Borla resonator. Its now perfect and no more rasp.

From what I remember it gets louder not more quiet after the mufflers are broken in.

Borla resonator also makes the cold starts a lot more tolerable. Check the model# not sure if it fits the +18 Borla Cat-back system or not.
Yeah these high revving mustangs are loud and raspy with some aftermarket exhausts. I personally love it but I could see how it would bother people. Especially if you daily it. As far as the OP you do get used to it. When I want to tone mine down I drove slow and switch to snow\wet.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I loved it too! And miss that loud crazy WOT pulls.

But cold starts at 6:45am in my neighborhood was way too loud.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
It’s a 6 speed, and it’s under acceleration that it gets rowdy. The drone isn’t bad at all on the highway. I might add the borla resonator to it and see how it sounds.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Maybe a aftermarket/custom h pipe to replace Borlas X might make it sound less raspy and more bearable

OP
OP

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a aftermarket/custom h pipe to replace Borlas X might make it sound less raspy and more bearable
Really it’s not raspy, it’s just loud. I’m 40 years old, when I was 25 I would have loved this exhaust. It really has a tough sound just a little on the loud side under acceleration.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Raspiness may be a subjective thing.......I'm sorry, but.....Borla's exhaust is NOT raspy, whatsoever!

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What are you running? Just Borla mufflers? Cat-back? Ford Racing by Borla (has a FR X-pipe)?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Really it’s not raspy, it’s just loud. I’m 40 years old, when I was 25 I would have loved this exhaust. It really has a tough sound just a little on the loud side under acceleration.
One of the reasons I like the Corsa so much. Under mild to moderate acceleration it's not that loud inside. Only under WOT is it loud. Still plenty volume outside, but their RSC tech that eliminates drone also limits interior noise.

That said, I'm a big fan of the FP Borla sound. You could probably calm it down with the Borla resonator in place of the X pipe.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
It’s a 6 speed, and it’s under acceleration that it gets rowdy. The drone isn’t bad at all on the highway. I might add the borla resonator to it and see how it sounds.
I've used the Borla resonator gets my approval and weighs less than the stock resonator.

OP
OP

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
I've used the Borla resonator gets my approval and weighs less than the stock resonator.
I’m going to give it a few weeks and then decide. That may be the way I go, you're the second person to recommend it.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Extreme version of the Ford Performance by Borla line. The full catback with the xpipe and I think it sounds perfect and no drone and I’m over 40, although I agree cold starts are very loud! I have A10 and the volume is controlled easily with my foot, even my wife is not bothered by it.

With that said, I want to go with LTs or cat-deletes but I’m not so sure I could stand that amount of volume. 20 years ago I would have ripped the cats off the first few days I got the car.
Sponsored

Last edited: