Sponsored

Ford Mustang 2019 Spec

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Had a call today from Gordon at Coast2Coast to say order books are now open for MY19. He was waiting on finance for another guy for a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Had a call today from Gordon at Coast2Coast to say order books are now open for MY19. He was waiting on finance for another guy for a couple of weeks.
£40,707 for an orange fury manual, black roof, black wheels, magneride. Everything else base to me that seems a pretty good price.

Or £42,547 for same but A10 and mag ride.

The C2C prices put the car 4-6k more expensive typical than MY17 models been sold for and well you get way more than 6k worth of additional kit and you'd end up spending 6-10k to get an MY17 to where you want it and it still won't drive as good as an MY18 mag ride car or drive as nice.

Reason I did not select recaros, custom pack, stereo, sync etc. is simply because I'd want the most light weight model as the car would have the stock wheels, seats, interior all removed along with most other none required weight items removed.

Then a set of 19" forged Ispiri wheels, 285/35/19 square setup on PS4S or Cup2 tyres, Bucket seats and harnesses, set of GT 350 springs and you've got a rather lightweight, 460-500PS NA high revving fun weekend / track car.

That is my plan anyway, will watch second hand values but my thoughts are maybe in 2-3yr when MY18 are around 25-30k used, flog the M3 for 30k and well get a Muzzer and turn that into a fat edition track car. :D

Think an A10 MY18 that weighed around 1500kg with 500PS would be a pretty rapid machine. ;)

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
£40,707 for an orange fury manual, black roof, black wheels, magneride. Everything else base to me that seems a pretty good price.

Or £42,547 for same but A10 and mag ride.

The C2C prices put the car 4-6k more expensive typical than MY17 models been sold for and well you get way more than 6k worth of additional kit and you'd end up spending 6-10k to get an MY17 to where you want it and it still won't drive as good as an MY18 mag ride car or drive as nice.

Reason I did not select recaros, custom pack, stereo, sync etc. is simply because I'd want the most light weight model as the car would have the stock wheels, seats, interior all removed along with most other none required weight items removed.

Then a set of 19" forged Ispiri wheels, 285/35/19 square setup on PS4S or Cup2 tyres, Bucket seats and harnesses, set of GT 350 springs and you've got a rather lightweight, 460-500PS NA high revving fun weekend / track car.

That is my plan anyway, will watch second hand values but my thoughts are maybe in 2-3yr when MY18 are around 25-30k used, flog the M3 for 30k and well get a Muzzer and turn that into a fat edition track car. :D

Think an A10 MY18 that weighed around 1500kg with 500PS would be a pretty rapid machine. ;)
As you say the extras you get on a my18 at these prices are worth more than the extra money, but at retail its a different thing

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Yeah in the Top Gear review of our Q500 car, they said it would make a great track car.

I agree with their point about upgrading the brakes for a track car though, as the weight saving would be nice and the brake performance would be the first thing to suffer on track I reckon too....

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yeah in the Top Gear review of our Q500 car, they said it would make a great track car.

I agree with their point about upgrading the brakes for a track car though, as the weight saving would be nice and the brake performance would be the first thing to suffer on track I reckon too....
Too heavy, need to pull a lot of weight from it and if I do it rather start with an MY18 and do it myself with parts I want to use, but primary focus would always be get the weight out the car, 2PC disc, forged 18 or 19 wheels, gut the interior, remove air bags, remove infotainment, remove seat belts and go to buckets/harnesses. It would be fun weekend car too, hence keep the mag ride and just use 350 springs. Of course some proper dedicated coilovers from KW, Ohlins would perform better on track.

harmzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Orders still not open for My19 :O have all the dates shifted around again ?
Sponsored