Sponsored

Ford Canada f***ed us again: 2017 prices revealed

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
56,495 USD Base car at today's exchange rate is 71287, which is about 2000 less that the CAD MSRP.

I was one of the first one in Canada that got the car, since I put in my order on May 2015, Ford Canada jacked up the price of the car twice totaling about 1200. My car was 62599 CAD base price, if you add track pack 8100 that is 70699 CAD, so yes essentially they jack up the car price by 3000.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'm out. montreal_ponies was right... 73k non-R base price, plus 4000 for the electronics package, means with fees but before taxes, the car is 80k. As expected (but not hoped for), Ford conveniently ignores when our dollar actually increases in value (as it has done considerably by now since last year) but has no problem anticipating when it drops (like it did for the 2016s)

Want one, yes. But not at that price. Good luck to the rest of Canada's potential buyers.

Source: https://carcostcanada.com/Canada/Prices/2017-Ford-Mustang/29383/
Your have to keep in mind that there is no "Gas Guzzler Tax" on the Canadian cars so that has to be kept in mind!:eyebulge:

From what I am told the order banks in Canada for the GT350 cars just opened up yesterday.

Having said that there was a glitch in their order bank system as it would not allow any GT350's to be ordered in Ruby Red but as of tonight the system should be corrected.

I am waiting for my VOC on a Ruby Red "R" model and will be interested to see exactly what the new pricing is for a base 920A "R" model with a Black roof and car cover?

:shocked:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Or....

Canada could just build themselves a supercar or super ponycar and export it to America...

Yeah, not likely.

I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
Or....

Canada could just build themselves a supercar or super ponycar and export it to America...

Yeah, not likely.

The new Ford GT for a 450k, Alex

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new Ford GT for a 450k, Alex
Fail...

That's out company using a sub to build it.

Come up with your own car from your own idea... :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong... I like Canada. I so want to go to Toronto and lose my virginity with these so-called awesome French-Canadien women y'all propose to be the finest specimens of XX chromosome in the world.:headbonk:

Some tongue in cheek... But...

Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Wow......

Wow I'm glad that I got a allocation from my Ford dealer, for a 2016 GT350, and took it, I always thought that the 20117 GT350 would go up in price, and also with ADM on top of that, I'm not sure if I would have bought a 2017 GT350, but after driving this monster, I'm glad I did, and what i know about driving this GT350 now, yes I would have ordered a 2017 GT350 even with the price increase on the GT350....

So any one that has a chance to get a GT350, my suggestion, is do not hesitate on getting a GT350 you will never be disappointed in this monster! Thanks :ford: :cheers: John

OP
OP

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
56,495 USD Base car at today's exchange rate is 71287, which is about 2000 less that the CAD MSRP. .
US base price is 54.3k.

Your have to keep in mind that there is no "Gas Guzzler Tax" on the Canadian cars so that has to be kept in mind!:eyebulge:
This is a fair point, but it's small comfort to the thought of paying 80k for a reasonably equipped GT350, a car based on a platform starting in the 20k range.

Or....

Yeah, not likely.

Thanks for the incredibly insightful post.

Fail...

Don't get me wrong... I like Canada. I so want to go to Toronto and lose my virginity with these so-called awesome French-Canadien women y'all propose to be the finest specimens of XX chromosome in the world.:headbonk:

Ignorance is bliss.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
US base price is 54.3k.

This is a fair point, but it's small comfort to the thought of paying 80k for a reasonably equipped GT350, a car based on a platform starting in the 20k range.

Thanks for the incredibly insightful post.

Ignorance is bliss.
There's no ignorance... You have Canadiens on here discussing your point with better conjecture than your immature comment that "Ford f**ked" you. Sounds like a brat comment to me.

At least you have the opportunity... 3/4ths of the world can't. Smh...

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Actually I thought the price, was decent compared to the US dollar.
What kills us up here is the tax rate is so much higher than most states.
Where I am is 15% Ouch.
Most 350's don't have an ADM, which can be quite painful in the US
as we all have read a 1000 times.
I got my R at MSRP, before anyone understood what it was LOL.
Not likely to do that with R now:)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Forget the currency conversion debate for a second here.

Someone's gonna have to explain this to me then.....

Ordered a 2011 GT back in March of 2010 through a NY dealership when the looney was at par with the green back .

That same car if ordered through a Canadian dealership was going to cost me $6500 cdn more. :shrug:

So go figure....

Sponsored
OP
OP

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
There's no ignorance... You have Canadiens on here discussing your point with better conjecture than your immature comment that "Ford f**ked" you. Sounds like a brat comment to me.

At least you have the opportunity... 3/4ths of the world can't. Smh...
I'm referring to your ignorant comments re: Canada as a whole. Stay classy.

And there's a rather large thread stickied above re: US ADM with plenty of bitching, so I think I'm entitled to post my opinion on this one small matter with some degree of frustration. It costs as much as my car now which, IMO, defeats the purpose of this "budget exotic" from Ford, and although I could swing it (if I duck the oncoming roundhouse from the Bank of Wifey), I just can't justify it.

Cheers.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Fail...

Euh, you won't find these finest specimens in TO, but rather Montreal. It's just a 5 hour drive and i'll join in with you for a few :cheers:.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So a base 2017 Shelby GT350 $73,678 cdn
Electronic pack. $4,000 cdn
Destination. $1650 cdn
AC tax. $100 cdn
Over the top stripe. $600 cdn
Black roof. $850 cdn
Total. $80878 cdn + 15% taxes ( Quebec )
Grand total : $ 93009 cdn :crazy:
Certainly understand your concerns and suggest that the way you have configured your pricing above (looks all correct to me) it is much better to order an "R" model up in the "Great White North" as it is only another $6,000 more than your above pricing based on the same stripe and roof option.

BTW, you forgot to add in the Vehicle Cover for $475 assuming you wanted that option as well.

For a $6,000 difference between an Electronic Package GT350 and GT350R it's a no brainer in my opinion subject to getting your hands on one!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm referring to your ignorant comments re: Canada as a whole. Stay classy.

And there's a rather large thread stickied above re: US ADM with plenty of bitching, so I think I'm entitled to post my opinion on this one small matter with some degree of frustration. It costs as much as my car now which, IMO, defeats the purpose of this "budget exotic" from Ford, and although I could swing it (if I duck the oncoming roundhouse from the Bank of Wifey), I just can't justify it.

Cheers.
Hmmm... I guess you came along after us Americans had a jovial discussion with some forum Canadiens. We were laughing it up about women and booze and who had the better combo.

I honestly think you got a wad in your diaper man. Loosen up. The ADM is a dealer issue... Ford doesn't control that. Your gripe with Ford regarding pricing took a rather immature turn when you exclaim that Ford f**ked you.

But it is as simple as this... If you don't wish to pay to play, move along. There are other cars that can compete with the 350. Why waste breath or webspace on pouting about a price diff?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm out. montreal_ponies was right... 73k non-R base price, plus 4000 for the electronics package, means with fees but before taxes, the car is 80k. As expected (but not hoped for), Ford conveniently ignores when our dollar actually increases in value (as it has done considerably by now since last year) but has no problem anticipating when it drops (like it did for the 2016s)

Want one, yes. But not at that price. Good luck to the rest of Canada's potential buyers.

Source: https://carcostcanada.com/Canada/Prices/2017-Ford-Mustang/29383/
I was trying to figure this post out - I bought a 2016 allocation at the end March and my recollection of MSRP was just over $73k. So I went to the Ford.ca website and "built" a 2016 with Track Pack (no stripes no cover - essentially the same as the base 2017) and it came in at $73,638. The carcost website has the 2017 at $73,678 - an increase of $40. What's the fuss?
Sponsored