Sponsored

Ford approved oil-air catch An?

Deleted member 35644

Thinking about buying the ford catch can myself Levittown has it 207 tax free for me

Is it worth grabbing? Easy to drain oil out? Sturdy? I have ford perf tune and I drive it pretty hard is why I’m considering it
I think some of the aftermarket units are probably easier to drain, but I like the OEM looks enough that I don't care. You have to remove the hoses, slip it out of it's mount, remove all the screws and dump the oil out, re-assemble, and slip it back in. Not difficult, but definitely not "open a valve, let drain, close valve".
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do I have to remove engine cover to install the ford one?

Reason I ask, I’m confused at what exactly it clips onto by the pulleys, is there something there I have to disconnect? I should be able to reach both of those clips without having to remove the cover I would think

Deleted member 35644

Reason I ask, I’m confused at what exactly it clips onto by the pulleys, is there something there I have to disconnect? I should be able to reach both of those clips without having to remove the cover I would think
There's a bracket that uses existing push pins to attach. Don't know how to describe the attachment area exactly, but the push pins are holding some insulation in place. You have to disconnect the original PCV hose coming from the driver's side of the block ( did this from underneath), and remove it up top as well. Mine's in my toolbox in case I ever need it. I think I removed my engine cover to deal with the area in this picture.

Install.JPG

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What’s your opinion on simply doing the top, sliding it over and sucking oil out? Are the lines flexible enough to let me do this.

I’m lazy

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

It'd probably work. Just be careful. Those lines are a fairly stiff plastic, they don't have much "give". I just prefer to remove, dump, wipe out, and replace, which gives me the opportunity to inspect the mesh in the lid. It's a 5-minute job.

Deleted member

Yes you have to remove it, and it makes it alot easier to take off the intake manifold to gain access to the pcv connection. It can be done without removing it, but it will make a 1 hour job 3 hours if you don't take off the manifold. Don't let the thought of taking off the intake manifold scare you either, its very easy.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered it. Be here within week or so.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
207 otd shipped, if anyone else wants one. Levittown cheapest by far

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Can say I’m pleased with its fitment and build quality, feel like I got a good product. 200 buckaroos
434F158A-82CB-402B-9115-5EE118DCD1ED.jpeg
A73F04E7-4B43-4CD6-9855-E5CA695F7D9A.jpeg
03E35876-C97A-4CA5-A19F-D7A56AB8FB5E.jpeg
756E8B1D-6177-4A41-A732-EE5E6094EBB7.jpeg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thought I would give the Ford Performance Driver Side Oil/Air Separator a try.

full.jpg
Do you have an aftermarket Ford Performance throttle body on there - I don’t recall seeing the Ford oval etched into the throttle body like I’m seeing in your pic?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have an aftermarket Ford Performance throttle body on there - I don’t recall seeing the Ford oval etched into the throttle body like I’m seeing in your pic?
No sir, I read it doesn’t yield any performance gains

What you’re seeing is my charge pipe, I have a Cpe hks bov, so I have those aftermarket clamps on it.

The catch can lines fit perfectly between my clamps fortunately or I would of had to rotate them, I like it though. Looks like was meant to be guided between them

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, the question about the etched Ford oval was for @jrock and this is what I’m referring to:
BEC13D76-2C20-429C-9B39-2AD54DE75302.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, that is the ford performance TB.
Thanks for the reply. Did you have to recalibrate anything, or was the TB just plug-n-play?
Sponsored