Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
Hello, It seems the app will allow you to start the car through it, but only once. After that you have to use the key fob before it will allow you to remote start the car through the app.
Can this be changed. I like to start it every week and let it run 10 minutes . but at times am away from the car for longer than a week. And with the app it is , at least the way it is set up now one and done.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hello, It seems the app will allow you to start the car through it, but only once. After that you have to use the key fob before it will allow you to remote start the car through the app.
Can this be changed. I like to start it every week and let it run 10 minutes . but at times am away from the car for longer than a week. And with the app it is , at least the way it is set up now one and done.
You might want to let it run for a little longer than 10 min. 10 min won't hurt really, but its good to get oil temp above 160° for warm ups during resting times. I start mine every 3 weeks and let it run for 20 min.

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
You might want to let it run for a little longer than 10 min. 10 min won't hurt really, but its good to get oil temp above 160° for warm ups during resting times. I start mine every 3 weeks and let it run for 20 min.
IIRC I have it set for ten, the options are 5/10/20 I think.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SHAWN
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I drive mine Mon-Fri to work , so I have mine auto start at 5pm when I get off work, I know if I take a vacation and for get to turn off the auto start and then don't drive it the next day , it turns that feature off on my app. It might be a simular thing happening when you try to start it with the ap after not driving it daily, or with in a few days. You might try setting up am auto start on a particular day during the week, and see if that works for you. I set up mine to run for 15mins to run, if after that it will shut off, maybe you can set yours up to run 15-20 mins. If you need to do that , if I remember its a setting inside the car settings using the control on the steering wheel

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I drive mine Mon-Fri to work , so I have mine auto start at 5pm when I get off work, I know if I take a vacation and for get to turn off the auto start and then don't drive it the next day , it turns that feature off on my app. It might be a simular thing happening when you try to start it with the ap after not driving it daily, or with in a few days. You might try setting up am auto start on a particular day during the week, and see if that works for you. I set up mine to run for 15mins to run, if after that it will shut off, maybe you can set yours up to run 15-20 mins. If you need to do that , if I remember its a setting inside the car settings using the control on the steering wheel
Mine shuts off after 30 minutes no matter what LOL.. Even if I manually start it and let it sit there and idle.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Remote start through the app while out of town? In the garage? Sounds like the makings of a Dateline episode about a spouse getting murdered by carbon monoxide poisoning.

BTW...I own a manual.

Sponsored

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.
And why would you want to start the car and not be physically present anyway? If something were to happen, you'd be SOL.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
And why would you want to start the car and not be physically present anyway? If something were to happen, you'd be SOL.
If I'm a long distance away and out of sight I wouldn't. But at home I'll open my garage door and start is remotely. During the hot summer months I'll remote start it as I'm getting to leave a location to get the AC going.
Sponsored