Sponsored

For the life of me I can't bleed my cooling sytem

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
I think is said this in another thread.

I believe some people are confusing 'Cylinder Head Temperature' with 'Coolant Temperature' . I read both signals. Coolant is usually in the 185'ish and Cylinder is in the 197+/-(3). Lund FF Tune, A6, Reishe 170.
Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
i have a similar thread to this. i installed a 170 with supporting tune and noticed no difference whatsoever in my CHT. still run 200-210 in normal weather.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I was reading this thread while at IHOP. After all the debate about cht after a 170* tstat I made a quick video. Tune modifications are fan settings and to make the steeda intake work. I can't get my car cht in the 200's. Getting over 195* is difficult. Temps here right now are high 70s low 80s.

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I took it back where it was installed with many other things, and they re-bled all the air out and still the same. Lund says the tune is adjusted for it, I dont know what else to do except just chalk it up to a bad thermostat I guess...

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Try a bottle of water wetter. I threw one in as I did my tstat. Didn't think much of it but maybe that's the difference. Other than that I think you either still have the stock tstat and got ripped off by the shop or they got an even Flo 160. No personal experience with it but only heard bad things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
daltron

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
OK, I figured it out. ALL my driving is city so I just need a tune revision from Steeda to set my fans to come on earlier. Last night I took my wife out and hit the freeway and my temps never went above 196 while moving at highway speeds. When I changed my thermostat a lot of coolant dumped out and I replaced it with water + 1 bottle of RP radiator additive so it looks like turning the fans on earlier is all I need. Thanks to all for the help and to those having problems IF your system is bled right and at highway speeds you are still seeing temps in the 200's I'd say bad stat maybe.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Installed the 170 in my car with my Lund tune and just driving at 40mph my cylinder head temps stay right at 187-189. Thermostat made a huge difference in my temps. Maybe I got a good one.
Sponsored