Sponsored

Food in the Car & Parking Lots

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic
I go to college and I currently live in an apartment complex. I have one assigned parking spot in a parking lot, and there is a car to my left and right of my spot. I will be parking my Mustang in the parking lot daily. Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I just hope that nothing happens?
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I go to college and I currently live in an apartment complex. I have one assigned parking spot in a parking lot, and there is a car to my left and right of my spot. I will be parking my Mustang in the parking lot daily. Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I just hope that nothing happens?

2 channel dash cam with parking mode. That way If someone dings your car you can review the footage and see who did it and ask them to compensate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I've had this car just shy of 10 months, with about 14k miles on it.

I carry a Starbucks to work in it every morning (in my own lidded metal cup) and sometimes travel short distances with aromatic foods, which I place on the passenger floor to protect the leather seats. Once, to my horror, a cup of lassi (yogurt-based drink) had tipped during my travel home - just missing the carpeted mat, natch - forcing me to get the floor pro cleaned immediately. :headbonk: Then a few months ago I had some electronicals installed and the adhesives/paint odors were strong for days.

But even that did not wipe out the new car smell. It's still quite distinct every time I open the door. :)

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
2 channel dash cam with parking mode. That way If someone dings your car you can review the footage and see who did it and ask them to compensate you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This times a million.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
I am trying to teach my family to open doors in our 2 car garage without touching my car
Get those foam pool noodles, cut them in half and put them on the wall nearest your car at the appropriate height. Take another one, don't cut it, suspend it from the ceiling by fishing line in between you car and the other. Then they physically can't open doors into each other.

Sponsored

BlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black s550 PP
clear bra on the doors. thankfully the dealership installed that for me w/o asking

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Anti-depressants and muscle relaxers.
I work retail, and my current store is in a plaza in-line with a major supermarket. So not only am I forced to park next to MY customers, I have to park next to THEIR customers too. AND there are double the shopping carts in the parking lot. I literally force myself not to think about my car during work, or else I'd be checking it every 10 minutes.
On the bright side, I bought the $500 dent insurance at the time of purchase. Covers me for 60 months, $0 deductible, paintless dent removal. Hoping not to have to use it, but it's there if I need it.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I park in an underground parking garage with assigned spots. I know where the people on either side of me live. Not that I am too worried, as they also park there to keep their car dent free.

GTBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350
Have eaten in mine once. My son and I went to the drive in, we had popcorn. Otherwise no food and drinks only on a long trip.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Dings are somewhat inevitable when you have a daily driver. Were I you, however, I'd get to know the owners of the assigned spots next to you. People are more respectful to others when they know each other.

Sponsored

NWs550

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I've had this car just shy of 10 months, with about 14k miles on it.

"I carry a Starbucks to work in it every morning.."
Must have coffee... I gave up the latte's and mocha's years ago, but I still drink a pot of joe every day.

"...I had some electronicals..."
I LOL'ed :D
Sponsored