Sponsored

Food in the Car & Parking Lots

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Anyone else like me that refuses to put food in the car? GF and other folks think I'm silly but I don't want to lose the new car smell so soon. I compromised and put food in the trunk once which wasn't that bad but I refuse to go in the drive-thru for two reasons, food stink and less risk curbing the rims.

So not only has the mustang helped me eat less junk food, get extra walking time parking so far away. Passengers hate it in cold/rainy weather...but less chances of door dings.

Just curious if others are as obsessed as I am.
Sponsored

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Anyone else like me that refuses to put food in the car? GF and other folks think I'm silly but I don't want to lose the new car smell so soon. I compromised and put food in the trunk once which wasn't that bad but I refuse to go in the drive-thru for two reasons, food stink and less risk curbing the rims.

So not only has the mustang helped me eat less junk food, get extra walking time parking so far away. Passengers hate it in cold/rainy weather...but less chances of door dings.

Just curious if others are as obsessed as I am.
Nothing strange here. My brother has a 2011 V6 MCA Edition and he has 3 rules. No Food, No Drinks w/o a lid, and if you have to pass gas you must lift cheek and put down window. His car still smells like new car, so I have adopted these rules.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
No food, no drinks, nothing.

I *did* the same thing, put food in my trunk in my '09 GT a few times. I've decided against that in my new car.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I generally do not allow eating in my car. And when I get my Mustang, definitely NO eating or drinking. I agree it will ruin the new car smell. But even after that, NO eating. At about 60,000 miles I may allow water
Parking is nightmare for me. I try and park at the end so at least there is 1 and not 2 cars next to me. I am trying to teach my family to open doors in our 2 car garage without touching my car

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
The bigger issue with food and drink isn't even the smell. It's people are messy and will spill food, ketchup, sugary drinks, etc. all over the inside. It's just not worth it. For such a huge expenditure, it makes sense to take care of it.

Sponsored

FireBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
There are numerous research studies that links new car smells to toxicity. The car manufacturers use a lot of chemicals like bromine and brominated-antimony flame retardants, as well as chromium and lead seating surfaces which give that new car smell. They also use lots of PVCs. PVCs have been linked to numerous health problems. So I guess the fastest the smell subsides the better I guess.

You're right. But covering the car with ketchup and oil won't help the pvc release its toxicants any faster.
If you can't fight it, join it. (And open the windows to let it air ;-)

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
You're right. But covering the car with ketchup and oil won't help the pvc release its toxicants any faster.
If you can't fight it, join it. (And open the windows to let it air ;-)
And car manufacturers have spent a lot of time reducing or eliminating a vast majority anyway. :)

Bp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt pp
Lmao. Nice to know I am not the only one :) If we go out to eat, better finish your food cuz you will be leaving it at the table, or walking home. i also park all the way in the back all by my lonesome:)

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Exactly. :)

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I only thought I was this anal! Just this morning I had to take my Son to pick up his '95 GT convertible from a dealership that was an hour drive away for a rear axle rebuild with new 3:73's.
Before we left I told him if he wanted coffee, drink it now. Not going to mask the new car smell with Folgers! And I love drinking a cup on the way to work myself. I just won't do it as long as I can smell the new car, which, BTW, seems to be fading away quickly.
And no fast food pick ups, leftovers brought home and no smokers allowed in if they reek of smoke!

Oh, and yes. My old fat butt is getting a lot of exercise lately! I park as far away as I can from general population and try my best to put one side next to a parking island so no one can park next to me on one side at least.

Sponsored

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
I have decided that even my favorite thing smoking cigars will not be allowed in my new car

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Haven't had food in my car yet. Still clinging on to the "new car smell". I will eventually.

As for parking I always park out in the middle of nowhere and walk. I actually laugh some times when I see a car driving around the lot looking for that close spot, while I park out at the edge, get out and actually get in the store before they even have found a spot yet. I can physically walk right now and am reasonably healthy so I do. Besides parking lots are nothing more than door dings waiting to happen, people have no respect for others property. :(

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I eat all the time in my current cars, especially during road trips however I plan on not allowing food and drinks without lids in the mustang for quite some time, probably after it gets it's first real scratch or door ding will I ease up.

I rarely park up front anyway as I don't have the patience to hunt for spots. If I drive directly to the back park and walk in its less than 2 min or I could drive around for 5 looking for a spot.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
Haven't had food in my car yet. Still clinging on to the "new car smell". I will eventually.

As for parking I always park out in the middle of nowhere and walk. I actually laugh some times when I see a car driving around the lot looking for that close spot, while I park out at the edge, get out and actually get in the store before they even have found a spot yet. I can physically walk right now and am reasonably healthy so I do. Besides parking lots are nothing more than door dings waiting to happen, people have no respect for others property. :(

I don't think I could have said it any better

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It's just a car... Don't understand that level of paranoia. Life is for living and food is part of life. What are you saving your car for anyway? All thats happening is that you're getting older and the car is getting older, and youre putting some pretty crazy restraints on your quality of life, all for what? Its just a car, youll get like 20 more in your life.
Sponsored