Sponsored

Flat tire? 'Repair Kit' to the rescue. NOT.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
buy this, throw it in your trunk, thank me the next time you get a flat. if you want to get real serious, pair it with a portable air pump

i got like 5 flats in a year on my bike, after flat #2 I figured out it didn't need to be a big ordeal and that I could use this....

http://www.amazon.com/Victor-22-5-0...UTF8&qid=1430772029&sr=8-1&keywords=tire+plug

i used it just last week on my coworkers truck and then we aired it back up, and it was good to go.

ive personally gone 165 mph on one, and at one point had 3 in my bike tire. they held up great until i was ready to replace the tire about 2 months later.
Looks interesting. I don't like the idea of those in my tires long term, but I bet it could be pulled out and patched later, rather than putting the goo in the tire and ruining a $350 tire. I don't really want a spare...because fat Mustang.
Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
they bond to to the tire with liquid cement, well not that kit in particular but the one I bought. turned out to work really well.

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Heh...so I went to pick up my replacement kit (compressor) yesterday. My service manager came up to me carrying my busted kit in one hand and a new one wrapped in clear plastic in the other.

He asked, "You see anything different between the two?"

There was a gaping hole where the bright orange dial should be. The replacement for my defective tire kit was defective. :doh:

C'mon, Ford...this one shoulda been easy. :shrug:

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Thanks for that tip! I'll have to test my inflator to see if it works correctly!

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
Believe me, I looked into getting the spare tire, but Ford stupidly doesn't offer the option for the 20" wheels. :frusty:
Maybe Ford is just trying to kick off a new tire well shaped luggage line.
Sponsored