TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Thank you very much!
You are welcome.

I wrote more in my original post, about the Blend/Sequence Number. Here is how that compares for your car and my car:

Your Car:
Blend Date: 2022-02-11
Blend Sequence Number: 4577

My Car:
Blend Date: 2022-02-16
Blend Sequence Number: 5804

5804 - 4577 = 1227.

That means Flat Rock is building around that many vehicles (give or take) between Feb 11 and Feb 16.
Sponsored

OP
OP
22GT

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
Wow that's some pretty cool information, thanks for that too!

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Below is another interesting piece of paper I found in a YouTube video (not for my car), which travels with a car through the Flat Rock factory as it is being built. This picture below is for a Mustang GT500. I wish I knew all the codes for this; it would be interesting to know. Also, below are two YouTube videos that are quite interesting on order/build/delivery with respect to the Mustang. Enjoy.

Capture3.JPG

Tour of the Ford Mustang Factory - Flat Rock Plant, Detroit

GT500 CFTP order, build & delivery

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Below is another interesting piece of paper I found in a YouTube video (not for my car), which travels with a car through the Flat Rock factory as it is being built. This picture below is for a Mustang GT500. I wish I knew all the codes for this; it would be interesting to know. Also, below are two YouTube videos that are quite interesting on order/build/delivery with respect to the Mustang. Enjoy.

Capture3.JPG
Some other stuff that may / may not end up still being in your car when it arrives at he dealers :

1644583346500.jpeg

1644583382050.jpeg

1644583411001.jpeg

WD :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
22GT

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
My bank is telling me their interest rate quotes are only good for 30 days and are warning me to not inquire to soon. Naturally i used Ford performance for an update and this is what i recieved.
Screenshot_20220303-134451_Samsung Internet.jpg

So this means my car has been postponed from my last inquiry of 3/19 - 3/25. Good thing i asked again.

Btw @tentacklekitty you have been researching the rail and convoy as listed on the window stickers. My sticker says convoy but the ford performance guy is saying rail.
Screenshot_20220303-134751_Samsung Internet.jpg

Then again maybe its just his opinion? Either way its a very interesting process.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Btw @tentacklekitty you have been researching the rail and convoy as listed on the window stickers. My sticker says convoy but the ford performance guy is saying rail.
Hey 22GT - Your situation is an interesting one, because it sounds like you are getting two different answers (RAIL and CONVOY). Do you have the ability to go in-person to your dealer, have them look up the latest status in their WBDO system? If it truly is on a RAIL / train, then there would be a railcar number assignment.

As for my situation, I did check with Ford Performance Chat this morning, and the status in their systems has not changed since 2/25. On 2/25 my car was reported to be in a rail yard in Blue Island, IL, which is in the Chicago greater area. My guess is that is where it switches from CSX rail line to Union Pacific, because Union Pacific is what delivers west of the Mississippi and rolls into my area (Portland, OR). So, my Window Sticker has a footer date of 2/25/2022, which is that last rail update. I imagine that Union Pacific might have already taken delivery from CSX, and is in the process of rolling from the Chicago area to Portland. I am unsure on that schedule, and I may go to my local dealer soon to see if they can at least tell me the rail car number my car is on. I know Ford Performance is not allowed to disclose rail car numbers, but they can tell you the city and state the car was last reported in. My estimated delivery to dealer is 3/6 to 3/12 (next week), and I'm also watching the truck schedule (from rail yard to dealer). I can search by VIN on when my car arrives in Portland by rail (but not before) at the trucking website, and is loaded onto the truck for its 10 mile piggyback to the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
22GT

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Hey 22GT - Your situation is an interesting one, because it sounds like you are getting two different answers (RAIL and CONVOY). Do you have the ability to go in-person to your dealer, have them look up the latest status in their WBDO system? If it truly is on a RAIL / train, then there would be a railcar number assignment.

As for my situation, I did check with Ford Performance Chat this morning, and the status in their systems has not changed since 2/25. On 2/25 my car was reported to be in a rail yard in Blue Island, IL, which is in the Chicago greater area. My guess is that is where it switches from CSX rail line to Union Pacific, because Union Pacific is what delivers west of the Mississippi and rolls into my area (Portland, OR). So, my Window Sticker has a footer date of 2/25/2022, which is that last rail update. I imagine that Union Pacific might have already taken delivery from CSX, and is in the process of rolling from the Chicago area to Portland. I am unsure on that schedule, and I may go to my local dealer soon to see if they can at least tell me the rail car number my car is on. I know Ford Performance is not allowed to disclose rail car numbers, but they can tell you the city and state the car was last reported in. My estimated delivery to dealer is 3/6 to 3/12 (next week), and I'm also watching the truck schedule (from rail yard to dealer). I can search by VIN on when my car arrives in Portland by rail (but not before) at the trucking website, and is loaded onto the truck for its 10 mile piggyback to the dealer.
I would go to my dealer if i didnt have covid. Ive had it for a week now so hopefully i test negative soon (just tested positive again this afternoon). I called my dealer to ask for an update but my salesman isnt in. The ordering manager is busy assisting customers at the moment so no answers yet again lol.

I just checked my sticker again and the footer date is still 2/25/22, so no change there.

I am happy you are seeing progress with your car! Next week? I bet you're getting very excited! Did you give your dealer any requests? Like leave all of the plastic on that they can, or do not drill the holes for the front plate?

Cant wait to see pictures of your car.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would go to my dealer if i didnt have covid. Ive had it for a week now so hopefully i test negative soon (just tested positive again this afternoon). I called my dealer to ask for an update but my salesman isnt in. The ordering manager is busy assisting customers at the moment so no answers yet again lol.

I just checked my sticker again and the footer date is still 2/25/22, so no change there.

I am happy you are seeing progress with your car! Next week? I bet you're getting very excited! Did you give your dealer any requests? Like leave all of the plastic on that they can, or do not drill the holes for the front plate?

Cant wait to see pictures of your car.
Sorry to hear of your Covid, and wish you a speedy recovery.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting the car soon. My dealer doesn't drill Mustang front bumpers, so I'm good on that. I think the only things they might do beyond the dealer prep PDI might be cleaning/washing it, and filling up the gas tank.

I will admit I was torn about doing front-end PPF, because I know that would add about another $2K in costs, and then psychologically I'd be even more protective and anxiety-driven than I wanted to be. And that doesn't even count the parking lot door-ding issues. Ultimately I decided against PPF, as I just wanted to keep costs low, and be at peace with the car having that kind of "wear-and-tear" over time. Respect to all those who recommend and do PPF for their cars -- I can see your point of views, and to each their own. With my previous Mustang that I owned for 4 years (2015-2019), I had maybe a few small rock chips in the front bumper that I could barely see. Part of that I'm sure was luck, and roads I drove, and perhaps that I typically drive leaving more than ample room between me and the vehicle ahead. We'll see how that luck and strategy works out this time around :)
Sponsored