FJG Color/maintenance

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
Just wondering what you all thought of the FJG color in terms of maintenance, look, finish, how does it show the lines, etc. I haven't seen one out here yet and I was contemplating selling both of my cars to get one. Performance wise it's light years ahead of my 01 obviously. any thoughts or input would be great.

Jim
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Nice ā€˜01 bullitt. Used to have one myself and miss it.
FJG changes depending on lighting conditions. Itā€™s a much lighter color in the sun. I find that it hides dust pretty well and shows off the lines of the car pretty well but the accent colors help a lot to break up the solid gray. Maintenance is no different than anything else I imagine. I have PPF and ceramic coating so itā€™s not much effort to keep it clean.

OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
worth the purchase? The appearance package makes the color look great, I just have to see it in person.

My issue is I've had my 01 since 9/01 and it's paid for and like you said in your 2nd sentence.

the Tremec 3160 and Coyote sound great together. The Coyote and the 3160's reliability is pretty good though I would think?

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
Nothing is bullet proof, but as far as engine and trans combinations, its the most reliable N/A engine and manual trans of this gen.

Lawguy85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach 1 FJG
This is my 3rd S550 and easily the thinnest paint of any one I've had. It's extremely delicate in my experience. I should've gone with PPF, would definitely recommend it.

As far as color goes, faux Nardo Gray (FJG included) seems to be the automotive color de jour, doesn't feel as unique as you may think with Bronco Sports/Rav 4s/various Kias all having a similar shade. It was my first choice of color on a '21 but with all the new colors for '22 it would be down the line behind Midnight Oil Slick Purple, Eruption Green, Grabber Blue or Cyber Orange.

Sponsored

gfitzge2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mach 1 M1545
Just wondering what you all thought of the FJG color in terms of maintenance, look, finish, how does it show the lines, etc. I haven't seen one out here yet and I was contemplating selling both of my cars to get one. Performance wise it's light years ahead of my 01 obviously. any thoughts or input would be great.

Jim

maintenance Fairly easy to maintain so far. Doesn't show dirt too bad. I did not go with ceramic or PPF. Just a good coat of 303 Graphine.

look As the old saying goes "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder". :wink: In some light there is a very faint green/blue tint but it is very subtle. To me the orange accents look good and I like the reference to Chuck Yeager and his Mach 1 record, in his orange jet.

finish pretty much in line with most all modern paint jobs.

how does it show the lines The light color shows the cars lines pretty well in my opinion.

It gets plenty of attention and compliments. Also remember that the FJG is the exact same color as Cactus grey that is available on Broncos and Rangers.

Mustang Dragon 2021 Tuesday  (1) for web.jpg

OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m curious to see what the Eruption green metallic and dark matter will look like. Too bad they didnā€™t offer British racing green Pearl or metallic.

Lastly, does the FJG show the micro scratches from washing whereas a metallic hides it better?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m curious to see what the Eruption green metallic and dark matter will look like. Too bad they didnā€™t offer British racing green Pearl or metallic.

Lastly, does the FJG show the micro scratches from washing whereas a metallic hides it better?
I think a metallic would definitely hide them a little better than FJG. Iā€™m really crazy about the finish which is what motivated me to do the protective film and ceramic. My car gets washed pretty much after each use and stored all winter so I donā€™t anticipate any swirls or scratches
As @Lawguy85 mentioned the color is not super unique at this point. Many automakers are doing their version of the primer gray look. I think the difference is with the Mach 1, the orange and black add a different dimension and being more out of the color. And as @gfitzge2 highlighted, the color works with the Mach 1 theme. As a stand alone color I donā€™t think itā€™s my favorite color ever. If I was getting a ā€˜22 it would be really hard to not go with grabber blue. But I fell in love with the FJG theme so it was a must have for me and I donā€™t regret it. Definitely see it in person before spending the money though!

OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the info!!

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Have you seen the prices of 2001 bullitts lately? You might only have to sell one car to get a Mach 1.

I've got an FJG car, it hides the dirt well. I wouldn't order it again though. The color is too subdued for my tastes. Plus Ford charges more money for it which is a stupid money grab.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I havenā€™t checked what they are going for? 9-12k?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you seen the prices of 2001 bullitts lately? You might only have to sell one car to get a Mach 1.

I've got an FJG car, it hides the dirt well. I wouldn't order it again though. The color is too subdued for my tastes. Plus Ford charges more money for it which is a stupid money grab.
Donā€™t say it out loud, is it going to break my heart? I still wish I had my 01 and Iā€™m going to be pissed if itā€™s a valuable collectible now lol

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
Donā€™t forget too though that FJG is exclusive to the Mach 1 and cannot be had with other Mustangs.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
FJG looks like a very subtle color, which accents more the ambient colors and lights of the environment than itself. So in direct sunlight it looks lighter, while in dark the gray is heavy and stands out more. It is definitely not a grabber (in any sense).

It is not as shiny as other colors and due to its camouflage behavior it may not accent the body lines in a vivid environment, but in moderate/subdued lighting it eventually shows the body lines quite well. It does basically what the similar color does for the ships (I believe it is more a ship than a fighter color :)). Makes it blend with the environment.

OP
OP
Joker721

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I think it looks pretty good in the pics and video test drives. Iā€™ll have to see in person
Sponsored