Sponsored

First warranty issue...convertible owners alert!

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Not a huge deal, but wondering if anyone else has noticed this? If not, might want to check your car to see if it is loose! :frusty:

I noticed the other day a lot of wind noise coming from the passenger side with the top and windows up. Not sure how long it was doing it for, since I usually have the top down when driving :D I figured out it was the seal that runs along the front side of the quarter window. You can see how loose it is in the photo, and comparing to the driver's side which is rock solid.

Gonna have to take her in soon :(
Loose seal.jpg
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Not a huge deal, but wondering if anyone else has noticed this? If not, might want to check your car to see if it is loose! :frusty:

I noticed the other day a lot of wind noise coming from the passenger side with the top and windows up. Not sure how long it was doing it for, since I usually have the top down when driving :D I figured out it was the seal that runs along the front side of the quarter window. You can see how loose it is in the photo, and comparing to the driver's side which is rock solid.

Gonna have to take her in soon :(
Let me know when you take her in, Danny; I'll see how to help. Just shoot over a PM with your best contact info, current mileage, and servicing dealer.

Rachel

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
I just noticed my rear qtr passenger window is binding at the bottom and not lining up to seal the top. With the top down, the windows line up perfectly. Is any other vert owners having this issue? I will get this to the dealer next week since I am at 32K miles.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
I just noticed my rear qtr passenger window is binding at the bottom and not lining up to seal the top. With the top down, the windows line up perfectly. Is any other vert owners having this issue? I will get this to the dealer next week since I am at 32K miles.
No. However, please keep us posted.

Thanks,

RJ

drhags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yep! Exact same problem on the passenger side. Just took it in yesterday and the dealership told me they were going to have to take it to a body shop to have the convertible top adjusted. I told them I'll bring it back in next week if I decide to let them do that. I wanted to research and see if anyone else had the same problem, and what was done to fix it.

2015 GT Vert, 5800 miles

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yeah, a few things have come up so I have delayed taking the car in. Bottom line it is still under warranty and they need to adjust something. No way should we be dealing with this at this point.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yup, have an appointment for Tuesday, 7 June. I found another thread about this problem so this is not just me.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Well, went in and they sprayed silicone in the moulding. This seemed to do the trick, the window is closing fully and with a slight thunk as it reaches the stop. I have some excess silicone on the window itself but will let that sit for now as it is not visable with the top up or down. Just 2,700 miles to go til warranty expires - I will keep and eye on this. Ford Service - YOU ARE MY HERO! Missed a call from the Regional Ford Customer Service to check up on my satisfication - Yup this really works!

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well, went in and they sprayed silicone in the moulding. This seemed to do the trick, the window is closing fully and with a slight thunk as it reaches the stop. I have some excess silicone on the window itself but will let that sit for now as it is not visable with the top up or down. Just 2,700 miles to go til warranty expires - I will keep and eye on this. Ford Service - YOU ARE MY HERO! Missed a call from the Regional Ford Customer Service to check up on my satisfication - Yup this really works!
That’s great, SterlinStangMan! Thank you for the kind words!

Deysha

Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
That’s great, SterlinStangMan! Thank you for the kind words!

Deysha
Deysha,

You been taking excellent care of all of us and I specifically mentioned your name to John Clor during the question and answer session that followed his presentation at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle this past weekend.

Thanks, so much, for being there for us.

RJ

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Deysha,

You been taking excellent care of all of us and I specifically mentioned your name to John Clor during the question and answer session that followed his presentation at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle this past weekend.

Thanks, so much, for being there for us.

RJ
:eyebulge: Awweee!! That is super cool, White Stallio 11!! I appreciate the support and kind words!! :love:

Deysha
Sponsored