Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I hear you, and I can appreciate where you're coming from. Every car is a series of compromises........but those compromises depend on what you want from a particular car.

Would a smaller trunk stop me buying an S550? Nope, I'd just take less luggage. To me looks are more important than usable space.........but I still want it to be on the practical side if possible.

Anyway, I wouldn't by a 'vert.........because I think coupes are better looking :thumbsup:
Sponsored

dustyaman

Threads
Reaction score
I hear you, and I can appreciate where you're coming from. Every car is a series of compromises........but those compromises depend on what you want from a particular car.

Would a smaller trunk stop me buying an S550? Nope, I'd just take less luggage. To me looks are more important than usable space.........but I still want it to be on the practical side if possible.

Anyway, I wouldn't by a 'vert.........because I think coupes are better looking :thumbsup:
Same here. Im here for a coupe. If I wanted a convertible id buy a mx5. I already own a family
Car. (2012 altima) and a truck that I coukd use for hauling.( 2012 dodge ram). So the mustang will be for pure pleasure and fun. So I want the best handling mustang possible.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP

Smaller trunk might be a good thing then -- less luggage means less packing time. :D

I wouldn't buy a 'vert either. Had a '93 5.0 LX 'vert, and it was nowhere NEAR as fun as my notch.

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
Hey Chaz,
Now that we have an indication of what the convertible might look like how about a render with the top down.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
He already did.

Sponsored

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Conspiracy thought of the day...

Why is it that when the top is down, we have great shots of the side and back, but when the top is up, suddenly there's a guard rail in the way??
I said the same thing, The photos of the car, top up would be quite revealing.

This is a leak!

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
This convertible thread WAS what I was waiting for but the idea that 2015 convertibles weren't going to be available until 2014 calendar year Fall pushed me into buying a new one on the lot. I do have some insight on the discussion about who buys convertibles. I've bought two different rental car sell offs in the V6 variety and the new car I just bought is a new 5.0 six speed manual convertible with the Brembo brake package. There is no comparison between the V6 and the V8. The reason I like the convertible is that it's some motoring fun that we can have as a family. I'm late 30's and have two preteen girls. The trunk space is very important as you can imagine for trips and if they chopped it too much or made the back seats too small then it puts the car out of business for my scenario. May as well buy a Roadster. It's an interest topic though and I can imagine the struggles within the design and marketing departments at Ford. At any rate I'm still very interested in the 2015 launch and by the looks of the convertible spy pics, which has the hilarious rail placement, the car isn't going to change size much. That's a good thing in my opinion. I'll be out of the new Mustang game for a couple years now while I enjoy my S197. Won't be back in until around 2017 at the earliest.

Joe O

Threads
Reaction score
I'm interested in performance handling,with the IRS and weight distribution.Looks matter.Wish Ford would build a roadster.and had joined with Mazda on the MX5,seperate from the Mustang.

Sponsored

Vickstang

Doesn't look so hot in the spy pics with all that ugly cladding but I'm sure it'll look great when it's revealed.

Something like Chazcron's render I hope.

Sponsored