Sponsored

First pass with 2015 PP GT

ccassity85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Took the new ride down to Gateway Motorsports here in STL to see what she had in her. Had 3 runs during the night and the 1 run was the best at 13.3. It will definitely take some practice learning how to launch without breaking the back-end loose but i did drop the back tires down to 26psi while the front were bumped up to 40psi. I ran 108mph pretty consistently running through 4th gear all the way. DA was calculated around 1900-2000.

Only thing I have done to the car is just a cat-back exhaust. I'm car 203 on the tickets.

Video of the first run

2nd run

Last run. I broke loose trying to launch at 3k rpm and had to reel it back in.
Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Seen you there last night. I had the white 2015 gt pp, best I could manage was a 13.6 but I was still running full psi in the tears cause I had to drive 2 hours home lol, first time I had ever been on a drag strip, I'm deffeniatly gonna need a lot of practice and some BMR suspension upgrades, congrats on beating me last night

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Oh and btw yeah your right, hard to launch without lighting up the rears, plus they wheel hop like an sob! Oh and did U drive through the water or around it? And what rpm u shifting at? Just trying to get some help haha

OP
OP

ccassity85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh and btw yeah your right, hard to launch without lighting up the rears, plus they wheel hop like an sob! Oh and did U drive through the water or around it? And what rpm u shifting at? Just trying to get some help haha
Thanks! Saw you as well. I think there were only 3 of us representing the 2015's. There was a yellow one too that looked like an auto stock that ran a 13.0 when I watched.

First run which was my best i can't remember what i launched at, probably 1.5-2k (too much adrenaline pumping for me to remember lol). I upped it to 2.5k-3k the next 2 launches. I drive around the water and just try to burn the tires enough to just clean them quickly. My shift points are at around 6.5k. I also make sure to turn it on track mode with advance traction off.

The Pilot gas station across the street may have an air compressor that you can use next time if you want to deflate the back tires.

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Darn autos making us look bad lol, yeah I tried using launch control and it kinda worked, had it on sport mode once and ran a 13.7, turned everything off and tried it.... That ended very badly lol just lit up the tires 1st through second and going into third, last two runs were both in the 13.6's with me just slipping the clutch out around 2k, one in sport mode and the other in everything on mode, just was trying some different things, my last run would have been my best but I goofed up on my reaction time. Next time I'll try going around the water and see if that helps

Sponsored

OP
OP

ccassity85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darn autos making us look bad lol, yeah I tried using launch control and it kinda worked, had it on sport mode once and ran a 13.7, turned everything off and tried it.... That ended very badly lol just lit up the tires 1st through second and going into third, last two runs were both in the 13.6's with me just slipping the clutch out around 2k, one in sport mode and the other in everything on mode, just was trying some different things, my last run would have been my best but I goofed up on my reaction time. Next time I'll try going around the water and see if that helps
It definitely takes some practice with launching with this clutch. I really had to ride it out some most of the night.

Were you able to run any faster than 108mph? Did you stay in 4th all the way through or did you shift up to 5th?

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Yeah got a local 1/8 mile strip here in bonne terre that I'm gonna go to practice my launches at. And nope rode 4th gear all the way out to redline never got into 5th... I did order some bmr suspension upgrades as soon as I woke up today tho haha
image.jpg
Sponsored