Sponsored

First HPDE - Oh Nooo

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I've heard stories of some sort of brown crud forming under the cap and different areas. Hopefully someone with chime in here as I was originally interested as well.
Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Fluids changed, added my personal choice of engine oil additive (X1-R), and took the car out for a quick jaunt. I'm sure I feel a difference. Right? haha...
I swear the rpms seem to spool a bit smoother and the exhaust note seems a tiny bit more pleasing. The placebo effect in effect :D

The Differential fluid did not look too bad, not new by any stretch however. Rated 4 out of 10 on wear/use scale - same for tranny oil. I saved a sample of each for kicks.

Planning on another full change after 4 more HPDE days. :ford:
Your diff fluid won't look too bad compared to a clutch type LSD, because of the torsen type in your Performance pack. It could be roasted, but only a good analysis would tell. With a clutch type, you get all that clutch and friction plate material clouding it up, looking dirty.

Ive been a believer in water wetter. Any reason to not drop a bottle in?
I've used it on all of my track cars with no ill effects. I do flush my coolant at least every other season if I've only done a few track days. Once a season or more if I do a lot more time at the track.

OP
OP
GT_Roadcourse_Newb

GT_Roadcourse_Newb

noob@cartech,prefer2drive
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-PP::2000 Honda s2000::1996 Nissan Maxima
I've used it on all of my track cars with no ill effects. I do flush my coolant at least every other season if I've only done a few track days. Once a season or more if I do a lot more time at the track.
Dropped a bottle in!

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've heard stories of some sort of brown crud forming under the cap and different areas. Hopefully someone with chime in here as I was originally interested as well.
Its from short trips where the engine hasn't had time to warm up properly. Common on all vehicles.

Your diff fluid won't look too bad compared to a clutch type LSD, because of the torsen type in your Performance pack.
After 9500 miles, mine was terrible. Chunks and metal flakes throughout, and jet black. My buddy said it looked like most 100k fluids he's replaced.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Your diff fluid won't look too bad compared to a clutch type LSD, because of the torsen type in your Performance pack. It could be roasted, but only a good analysis would tell. With a clutch type, you get all that clutch and friction plate material clouding it up, looking dirty.

Third time changing rear diff fluid in a PP. Comes out horrible, still getting metal on drain plugs. We'll see how the BG Ultra-Guard does after a few more track days. Either I really need to get working on our rear axle cooler or the axle isn't long for this world :)

Water Wetter can never hurt, as you know much more effective in straight water for cooling, but with all the different materials you need something with a corrosion inibitor(coolant) unless it's striclty a track car. Good point on flushing the cooling system if you track it. :cheers:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
How about the Motorcraft 5W50?

-T
I've thought about it, and if I could get through 90°+ days without heat-stressing I'd probably be using it. But it seems a little thick for overall use when temperatures dip down into the 30°'s F and lower, my home track is still scheduling track days, and I'm driving to and from them plus whatever daily stuff in between.
I know oil topics get beat to death, but...

I've been running Amsoil 5w30 full synth, but now I'm wondering if the 5w50 may be a better option... I don't have to worry about cold weather, that's for sure.
Sponsored