maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Hi All,

Just joined! After what seemed like a lifetime waiting I am now the proud owner of a 2016 race red GT. She has 6k on her, full otions from what I can tellm1 previous owner and full Ford history. I have so far cleaned and waxed her no less than 5 times in nearly three weeks of ownership! Only gripes so far are the tyres, wow, never have I had a car that feels so disconnected in the wet. Pirellis are going, booked in for MPS4S in a few weeks. Find the exhaust a touch too quiet, love it on cold but needs a touch more drama when warm. The car still has Ford warranty until October and going in this Saturday as the boot alignment is ever so slightly off and I can feel a very very slight biibration upun braking a bit harder from motorway speeds as it slows down to say 20. Other than that its every bit as good as I expected. I have wanted a muscle car since I was ten years old and cannot believe I now have one sat on my driveway. The attention it gets is unreal, seems to make people happy as I burble on past.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome and congrats! Any pics?

Exhaust is a must have! Enjoy watching many hours of youtube videos to find the right one ;)

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Congratulations :like:
My front disks warped in around the same timescale as yours is at. I replaced with EBC as they looked better...

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Congratulations :like:
My front disks warped in around the same timescale as yours is at. I replaced with EBC as they looked better...
New Where did you get your discs from? Did you try to get them done under warranty? I'm finding it hard to find items for the Mustang, was thinking of chaging the oil and filter after ive done 5k as well.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
jw-racing
steedauk
nemesisuk
mountune

all uk based able to supply most mustang bits or order in stuff they don't carry stock of.

looks good just sort the exhaust out i'm sure spider on here is selling his if he hasn't already

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
jw-racing
steedauk
nemesisuk
mountune

all uk based able to supply most mustang bits or order in stuff they don't carry stock of.

looks good just sort the exhaust out i'm sure spider on here is selling his if he hasn't already
Thanks! I have replaced the clutch assist spring with A steeda one actually. I was going to actually look to buy Spiders car but this came along before he had put his up for sale. He does indeed, but thisis my only car and 630amstarts with that exhaust would make me very unpopular!!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
New Where did you get your discs from? Did you try to get them done under warranty? I'm finding it hard to find items for the Mustang, was thinking of chaging the oil and filter after ive done 5k as well.
I didn't try however I've seen others have been successful (I think one of the FB groups). I was getting new wheels which were a lot more open so wanted drilled/grooved... plus any opportunity to avoid the "brakes are consumables" versus the "they should last more than two years" discussion. Got them from http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I didn't try however I've seen others have been successful (I think one of the FB groups). I was getting new wheels which were a lot more open so wanted drilled/grooved... plus any opportunity to avoid the "brakes are consumables" versus the "they should last more than two years" discussion. Got them from http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk
Thank you, I am booked in for Saturday so I will keep you posted. Any thoughts around here what fuel to use? I have always used Vpower or Momentum in all my cars previously, and so far I have only put super in her.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Thank you, I am booked in for Saturday so I will keep you posted. Any thoughts around here what fuel to use? I have always used Vpower or Momentum in all my cars previously, and so far I have only put super in her.
Personally I just use the standard stuff however it only gets Shell. I'm not tuned and have no intentions of tuning any time soon.
Lots use Super though!

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
it'll run just fine on normal grade unleaded no bother although i think most of us have been remapped/tuned to need 98/99 anyway (vpower etc)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Not another red one! I wanted to keep my one exclusive ;)
Looks good and definitely the best colour combo with black wheels, you just missed out on the black roof.
The MPS4 are very good but id also look at the Hankook Ventus Evo2,very good also in sizes 19 inch plus.

OP
OP
maddog1982

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
I've ran mpss on a 350z and it transformed the car so a huge Michelin fan. Black circles with the 40 quid off are 669 delivered which I thought was pretty good. I've also got good year eagles on our golf R and rare those but not available in the sizes we need. Are you running Hankook now?

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Not another red one! I wanted to keep my one exclusive ;)
Looks good and definitely the best colour combo with black wheels, you just missed out on the black roof.
The MPS4 are very good but id also look at the Hankook Ventus Evo2,very good also in sizes 19 inch plus.
Never tried Hankooks myself, and I know lots of people on US forums say how great Hankook, Nitto, Toyo, etc are...but if you check out Evo tyre tests the Hankook Evo2 tends to come out near the bottom (for being average at everything, not for being bad in a particular area). And I'd generally agree with their ratings for tyres I have tried (e.g. MPSS useless in the wet).

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
That's for the sizes smaller than 19 inch. At 19 inch and above it's a different tyre compound as come out of the touring range. If you look at the recent 19 inch reviews it gets second and third place
Sponsored