FEDEX shipping scam.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Last month I received a pallet from FedEx at my store. Driver was unloaded within 5 minutes, and went and sat in his truck for 20 minutes before leaving. I figured maybe he was eating his lunch.

Fast forward about 2 1/2 weeks, I get a bill from FedEx for $75.00 for detaining the truck. The bill said they only allow 15 minutes for the driver to unload, then addition charges accrue. I explained that the driver was unloaded within 5 minutes. FedEx wanted video proof. My cameras on my DVR only save about 7 days before rewriting. He said without proof they won't remove the charges. After 2 hours on the phone with them, I remembered my security system saves it's videos indefinitely. Then they waived the charges.

I decided each time they come, I will record with my cell phone from now on. Today another pallet showed up at 10:37 AM, and it was all unloaded by 10:42 (recorded on my cell this time). 10 minutes later he's still out there, so I record a second video. Finally at 11:01 he leaves. He now has enough time here to charge for 15 minutes of detainment. I can't wait to get the bill again in 2 weeks for this SCAM. At least I have my full videos this time!
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Last month I received a pallet from FedEx at my store. Driver was unloaded within 5 minutes, and went and sat in his truck for 20 minutes before leaving. I figured maybe he was eating his lunch.

Fast forward about 2 1/2 weeks, I get a bill from FedEx for $75.00 for detaining the truck. The bill said they only allow 15 minutes for the driver to unload, then addition charges accrue. I explained that the driver was unloaded within 5 minutes. FedEx wanted video proof. My cameras on my DVR only save about 7 days before rewriting. He said without proof they won't remove the charges. After 2 hours on the phone with them, I remembered my security system saves it's videos indefinitely. Then they waived the charges.

I decided each time they come, I will record with my cell phone from now on. Today another pallet showed up at 10:37 AM, and it was all unloaded by 10:42 (recorded on my cell this time). 10 minutes later he's still out there, so I record a second video. Finally at 11:01 he leaves. He now has enough time here to charge for 15 minutes of detainment. I can't wait to get the bill again in 2 weeks for this SCAM. At least I have my full videos this time!
Wow. What a crock of shit.

They're trying to make up the losses from Amazon kicking them to the curb.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Wow. What a crock of shit.

They're trying to make up the losses from Amazon kicking them to the curb.
Bad enough to try this last time, now they do it again?

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Part 2 of the video. Video starts 10 minutes after he was finished unloading.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I seriously doubt that this is a FedEx company scam. More like a rogue dispatcher or terminal manager. I would report this to a district manager for FedEx.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I seriously doubt that this is a FedEx company scam. More like a rogue dispatcher or terminal manager. I would report this to a district manager for FedEx.
FedEX has a whole "detainment dispute" center. Probably a lot more widespread than that. Might be time to talk to a lawyer about a class action suit. I'll know more in 2 weeks when they send me the bill again.

Deleted member 35644

I'd get them on the phone as soon as you realize that he isn't driving away. Maybe even tap on his window and hand him the phone if you get a live person quickly enough.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I'd get them on the phone as soon as you realize that he isn't driving away. Maybe even tap on his window and hand him the phone if you get a live person quickly enough.
I'd rather forward them the videos of the driver wasting their time.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Confront the Driver, I would and tell him you're not playing his game.
Sponsored