Sponsored

February 2017 Mustang Sales

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Hated is a strong, strong word...but I'd go as far as to say that it's been an underwhelming market presence.

I respect its performance, but otherwise its not as impressive as the Gen 5 was.
They definitely hit the performance/upgrades check-boxes.

The issue is they didn't check the design check-boxes.

They HAVE to improve the visibility and drop the door line by 2 inches. When I sat it in at the car show I was like "nope". They also need to make the car have more of a visible update to it vs last gen...it wouldn't hurt them to take some Euro-design ideas and do it.

I'm glad they did what the did with their refresh though...made Ford come out with all the '18 upgrades which is a win for us.

Camaro changes probably coming next year if their sales don't improve.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
We have this discussion every month.

The Camaro is $3-4k too expensive. Visibility sucks. The styling is too similar to last gen to get people to buy, and not in the same league as the S550, IMO. The interior layout/controls are aesthetically neat but functionally problematic (air vents blow onto shifter). The interior space, both back seat and trunk, are significantly worse than the Mustang. The materials are no better quality than the S550. All the performance advantages it holds for comparable trims aren't really accessible on the street, where 99% of miles are driven. Those performance upsides are not enough to offset all the above negatives.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
but,but, what were the Challenger sales ? Maybe the Challenger is taking more sales from Camaro then we realized.

Sponsored

tlondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt #0083
Challenger 6,107

Interesting to see the Challenger doing so well since, like the Camaro, the styling is similar to the last "generation"... it's kind of been same car since 2008 granted refreshes... I don't know if they have been offering incentives to move them but they definitely moved in February.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Challenger 6,107

Interesting to see the Challenger doing so well since, like the Camaro, the styling is similar to the last "generation"... it's kind of been same car since 2008 granted refreshes... I don't know if they have been offering incentives to move them but they definitely moved in February.
The Challenger has a certain "niche"...it's the only muscle car that looks like a muscle car, no attempt whatsoever to make it look 21st century.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
They definitely hit the performance/upgrades check-boxes.

The issue is they didn't check the design check-boxes.

They HAVE to improve the visibility and drop the door line by 2 inches. When I sat it in at the car show I was like "nope". They also need to make the car have more of a visible update to it vs last gen...it wouldn't hurt them to take some Euro-design ideas and do it.

I'm glad they did what the did with their refresh though...made Ford come out with all the '18 upgrades which is a win for us.

Camaro changes probably coming next year if their sales don't improve.
Yeah. Nope.

The '18MY refresh leans the front end towards more stupid ugly, to match the rear end.

Good thing they aren't messing with the Ford Performance Product (GT350). I almost said 'products' .... but, uhhhhh ... nevermind. :frusty:

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Camaro proves people are more visual than performance. The Mustang wins in the
looks department and can be mod to surpass the Camaro in every category.

You just can't fix ugly

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Well I hope they have that Chevrolet SS Fire Sale for 2017. I missed it. It was when dealers discounted the 2016 SS from MSRP to about 36K at 30% off. I think it was last summer. But yet again it is the last year of the SS from Holden and could run into supply problems later down the road such as the G8 GT

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Challenger 6,107

The Challenger platform is 13 years old (LX platform was new in 20014 as the Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300)! They live on "Special" Editions with tons of horsepower.......

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Well I hope they have that Chevrolet SS Fire Sale for 2017. I missed it. It was when dealers discounted the 2016 SS from MSRP to about 36K at 30% off. I think it was last summer. But yet again it is the last year of the SS from Holden and could run into supply problems later down the road such as the G8 GT
If it's not already it soon will be Holden production in Australia is over.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I hope those Camaros will keep underselling for quite a while more...I want one!:lol:

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
A real Mustang person understands why the Camaro should not die.

Right On, Ford stands for "First on Race Day" for a reason. . .competing
with Chevy and Dodge for over 40 years.

Also, the Mustang would not be at 435 HP if it was not for Chevy. Hell the Boss 302 had 300 HP and
we were happy with that

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
attachment.png

That's really the most important image... look at those trend lines.

Camaro has been on the path to death. Mustang has really taken off since 2015 new model.
Sponsored