fade resistance of contrast stitching and color leathers

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost Premium HP engine, Velocity Blue
Hi, I'm new to the Mustang world and this is my first post. I searched to see if someone else has asked the question. Apologies if I overlooked a post. My 2020 EcoBoost Premium has grabber blue accent stitching and midnight blue leather. (Sweet!) Have you guys with color stitching or colored leather found them vulnerable to fading from the sun? How diligent will I need to be in using a sun shade? I'm asking from the sunny south in East Tennessee and the sun seems to have turned up a few notches just in the past few days. Thanks in advance. I'm glad I found the forums!
Sponsored

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Zaino Leather Cares products is what i use. But you’ll get about as my answers as if you asked about oil filters lol. Bottom line is this: use what you feel completely comfortable of doing so. You don’t have to be ODC about it. Use the leather care products about once a month and you’ll be fine. You’re going to have some fading and norm wear n tear if you’re actually using your mustang for its intended purpose. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Red stitching on charcoal leather, and for 4 years the top is down all the time in the Florida sun. It hadn't faded at all.

OP
OP

MargeauxE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Radiant_owl
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost Premium HP engine, Velocity Blue
Appreciate all y’all weighing in. Sounds like I don’t need to be concerned about my bright blue stitches fading. Instead I can chill and enjoy. Thank you for that peace of mind.
Sponsored