Sponsored

Factory Shaker Subwoofer or Aftermarket

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I like the factory look, so I put an aftermarket sub in a factory enclosure into my base Mustang. Much better than before.

20210209_225436.jpg
how does it sound? Is that enough airspace for the compR?
Sponsored

Chris_Texas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG GT
how does it sound? Is that enough airspace for the compR?
I think it's a lot better than what I expected. It's clean, no rattles. My wife can hear it from in the house when I pull up. It's powered by a 400 watt mono amp. For the air space that speaker is rated, it should be just a little bit more than required. I had to modify the enclosure a little though. I didn't want to use a spacer, because I didn't want the speaker damaged if it stuck out too far. The factory sub mounts to a cone with a bolt in the back. I dremeled about an inch out of the cone, then cut the end off to use as a cap. I glued it back on with some industrial glue. You could probably get away with a spacer if you didn't want to modify the enclosure, or you could get a shallower sub.

OP
OP
LkySpade

LkySpade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If my car had a factory sub is there an easy way to tell without having to remove the truck panels?

Chris_Texas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG GT
If my car had a factory sub is there an easy way to tell without having to remove the truck panels?
If you don't have the enclosure, you probably have a 9 speaker without the sub, if it's not a base model. My wife has a 301A, so it doesn't have a sub either, and no harness. You can pull the liner back and see if there is a harness. My base model did not have a harness.

OP
OP
LkySpade

LkySpade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I’ll have to check
Sponsored