mackrveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi Everyone,

I have my trusty daily driver 2018 Ford Mustang that currently has 34k miles. Wanted to check if anyone here has an extended Warranty purchased for their car? Only mods I really plan to put in will be a catback or even an just an axleback exhaust. Checked with a company called Autopom (which will use Mercury insurance) that covers up to 100k or 5 yrs for around $1300. Any input is appreciated. thanks!
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Ford ESP or nothing. Most of the aftermarket ones work on reimbursement. The Ford one works like normal with a small deductible. I got the 6yr/75k mile version for pretty cheap. Flood Ford usually has great deals on it.

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi Everyone,

I have my trusty daily driver 2018 Ford Mustang that currently has 34k miles. Wanted to check if anyone here has an extended Warranty purchased for their car? Only mods I really plan to put in will be a catback or even an just an axleback exhaust. Checked with a company called Autopom (which will use Mercury insurance) that covers up to 100k or 5 yrs for around $1300. Any input is appreciated. thanks!
When I bought my '16 I added the extended warranty from Ford. I think it was 1800 - 2000k. PREMIUM CARE package. If I remember correctly - its to 100k mi.
I bought mine CPO with 10k mi. Im at 87K mi now.
At first, a few nights after the purchase, I regretted the decision. Then I had to have a few things covered way after 36k mi, one of them being the AC evap, which in itself its like a 2k expense, if not mistaken. I only paid $100 each time (for a total of $200) for the deductible.
I also kept mine stock with only MBRP catback. To me the car is fast enough with 93 octane, yes, it falls a bit flat on its face at around 85 - 90mph + (if youre going at it from a dig)...but I HARDLY ever reach those speeds so because of that, stock tune is fine. Anyway, that was not your question LOL.....but my point was to keep stock ECU in that way you dont have any issues with any repair claims.

I cannot speak of any other warranties other than what Ive read from others. Some of them claim they have MORE issues than solutions dealing with the warranty company. The Ford ESP can be a bit pricier but worth it.

IT is actually NOW more than ever that Im debating getting a custom tune...hmmmm...:crazy:

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
UK poster here. Already claimed ÂŁ3000 on a few bits on a three-year used warranty by Ford. Had car six months 16 plate. Makes it loads easier.
Sponsored