Sponsored

Extended Service Plans ( ESP) for Mach 1…anyone buy?

OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I’m just curious, do you think that you would be saving money in the long run or is that just for peace of mind ?
Primarily for peace mind in my case. I’m not as concerned with the power train…it’s the electronics / HVAC. Either way, not to concerned about the ESP cost…for my situation.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just went ahead and purchased the 8 yr / 75K mile PremiumCare ESP via Granger for a decent price. I also took the lighting option with these pricey LEDs. Was able to deduct another $200 from the Granger price due to the FordPass point I accrued from purchasing the car.

I know some don't believe they are worth it, but for the amount of money I saved by going with Granger, and the aggressive ESP pricing by Flood Ford (and now Granger), I'm fine with it.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Just went ahead and purchased the 8 yr / 75K mile PremiumCare ESP via Granger for a decent price. I also took the lighting option with these pricey LEDs. Was able to deduct another $200 from the Granger price due to the FordPass point I accrued from purchasing the car.

I know some don't believe they are worth it, but for the amount of money I saved by going with Granger, and the aggressive ESP pricing by Flood Ford (and now Granger), I'm fine with it.
I’m going to order one as well through them. What’s the lighting option? I assumed there was just the 4 tiers of warranty. Didn’t realize there were options outside of that

OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m going to order one as well through them. What’s the lighting option? I assumed there was just the 4 tiers of warranty. Didn’t realize there were options outside of that
It covers all of the interior and exterior lighting. I purchased the lighting add on mainly for the pricey headlights.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It covers all of the interior and exterior lighting. I purchased the lighting add on mainly for the pricey headlights.
i'm buying it through granger but i was just playing around with the calculator on the flood ford esp website and now notice the lighting add on. funny when i select it, it doesn't increase the cost of the premium care warranty 🤔

Sponsored

OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i'm buying it through granger but i was just playing around with the calculator on the flood ford esp website and now notice the lighting add on. funny when i select it, it doesn't increase the cost of the premium care warranty 🤔
I used the Flood Ford site initially as well, and was going to go through them until Granger announced their pricing changes. The lighting is a $50 add on…can’t say why the Flood site didn’t capture the price….am sure it would have been caught somewhere in the process.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I am also weighing in on which options are the best. Just hate to pay extra for warranty your already getting. Is this prorated if you end up selling before the warranty expires?

OP
OP
cheeser

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am also weighing in on which options are the best. Just hate to pay extra for warranty your already getting. Is this prorated if you end up selling before the warranty expires?
I went in knowing I’m obtaining the difference between the existing warranty and extending to the year / mileage option for the ESP.

I believe a warranty refund is prorated based on time and mileage if you decide to cancel later.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I went in knowing I’m obtaining the difference between the existing warranty and extending to the year / mileage option for the ESP.

I believe a warranty refund is prorated based on time and mileage if you decide to cancel later.
I will check and see what the policy says. It is pretty cheap for what it's worth.
Sponsored