Sponsored

Experiences with dryers

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I also have the metrovac and can confirm the unit definitely puts out filtered warm/hot air. So much so that the cone fitting piece broke where it connects to the hose. I'm assuming this was a combination of heat and a stress point but either way I wasn't impressed when I needed a replacement after only a year. And metrovac wants way too much for a replacements hose so I went to a local pool supply store and got a 40 foot hose that's wire reinforced for half the price.
I've had mine for over 4 years now. Everything still works good, the hose has even survived being stepped on a few times with no issues. I use it when i wash my car every couple weeks or so even if it's just been sitting there.

I purchased something very similar to this many years ago and found it to be perfect for drying the car.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Ul...619/205746070?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US
This is also a good option. Just unwieldy to use, but if you don't care then it'll save you a few hundred.

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
This is also a good option. Just unwieldy to use, but if you don't care then it'll save you a few hundred.
It's definitely a bigger option, but I tried one of the smaller hand held dryers and wasn't impressed with it, but it was probably too small a version.

Sponsored

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Water squeegie + leaf blower + towel work perfectly

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
Ive always used a standard leaf blower. battery operated rigid one is my current use and it gets the job done no issue!
Good to know. I like the idea of a battery operated leaf blower A LOT, but I was concerned about the battery life and the power of the blower. I hated having the power cord trail behind and seeming to always get stuck on a tire, but having a blower run out of juice would probably frustrate me more.

Having said all of that, I've never used a battery operated blower for anything so I have zero frame of reference.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a battery operated leaf blower for my car, never again. Listened to obsessed garages recommendations and the battery still doesn't last long enough. I switched back to all corded or gas powered equipment. The rechargeable stuff is a $$$$ making raquet

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a battery operated leaf blower for my car, never again. Listened to obsessed garages recommendations and the battery still doesn't last long enough. I switched back to all corded or gas powered equipment. The rechargeable stuff is a $$$$ making raquet
I agree battery power tools are a wast of $$$. I have 2 drill & the leaf blower, only for the cars.

Yards tools are all gas.
Sponsored