Experience with Trufiber parts?

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Anyone? I'm shopping for an R style wing for my 350. I've looked at HCM, Carbon 2 Carbon, etc but I can't decide. I'm leaning towards Trufiber as it's cheaper than Carbon 2 Carbon, which seems to be the best quality aftermarket piece.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
From my experience with their carbon trunk panel....

Quality of the carbon was nice.

Quality of fit was a little sketchy. Not as good as it could have been.

Overall, I think they are pretty decent.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
From my experience with their carbon trunk panel....

Quality of the carbon was nice.

Quality of fit was a little sketchy. Not as good as it could have been.

Overall, I think they are pretty decent.
Thank you, Tim. :) Your input does help. For half the price of C2C I'd say it might be worth it.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I just had a friend install their R style carbon wing, and whilst he said it was a bit of pain the ass to fit, the end result was very nice.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i had one of their hoods on my old s197 and it was pretty decent.

Sponsored

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
I could be wrong but I found most of the aftermarket R spoilers are different in shape compare to the OEM R spoiler. Carbon2carbon one is the closest if not completely same IMO. Just pay attention to the connecting part between stands and upper spoiler. For the OEM R one the upper spoiler part is more forward (larger?) compare to most of other after market which have the same size. Forgive my english if you are confused since it's not my first language.
gt350-high-raise-spoiler.jpg

Racing-For-Ford-2015-Mustang-GT350R-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Spoiler.jpg

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i don't know if it's because of legal reasons with ford they cannot make an exact duplicate? i'm just guessing here.

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
I could be wrong but I found most of the aftermarket R spoilers are different in shape compare to the OEM R spoiler. Carbon2carbon one is the closest if not completely same IMO. Just pay attention to the connecting part between stands and upper spoiler. For the OEM R one the upper spoiler part is more forward (larger?) compare to most of other after market which have the same size.

You are correct! I've looked at all of the various aftermarket R spoilers and Carbon2Carbon appears to be identical if not the closest in shape and size to OEM (can't confirm since I haven't seen it in person).

All of the other replica spoilers have a different shape and are about half the width of an OEM R spoiler when compared side by side :(

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Anyone? I'm shopping for an R style wing for my 350. I've looked at HCM, Carbon 2 Carbon, etc but I can't decide. I'm leaning towards Trufiber as it's cheaper than Carbon 2 Carbon, which seems to be the best quality aftermarket piece.
Trufiber in my opinion is pretty good quality when comparing with other companies you've mentioned. Carbon2Carbon appears to be the highest quality but like you said, the highest price point as well.

If I were you, I would either go with Trufiber or Anderson Composites as alternative companies to buy from. S550 Carbon is also an option but they're a fairly newer company compared to the others. [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] seems to like most of their products though!

I wouldn't even consider HCM in this discussion but that's just me

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
I could be wrong but I found most of the aftermarket R spoilers are different in shape compare to the OEM R spoiler. Carbon2carbon one is the closest if not completely same IMO. Just pay attention to the connecting part between stands and upper spoiler. For the OEM R one the upper spoiler part is more forward (larger?) compare to most of other after market which have the same size. Forgive my english if you are confused since it's not my first language.
gt350-high-raise-spoiler.jpg

Racing-For-Ford-2015-Mustang-GT350R-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Spoiler.jpg
Thank you, zzj. I had also heard C2C is pretty much identical to the factory wing. My problem with them is, of course, the cost. Not sure I can make myself spend $1800 on just a wing.

You are correct! I've looked at all of the various aftermarket R spoilers and Carbon2Carbon appears to be identical if not the closest in shape and size to OEM (can't confirm since I haven't seen it in person).

All of the other replica spoilers have a different shape and are about half the width of an OEM R spoiler when compared side by side :(
I thought Trufiber looked pretty decent width wise. It's so difficult to find photos with similar angles to compare.

Trufiber in my opinion is pretty good quality when comparing with other companies you've mentioned. Carbon2Carbon appears to be the highest quality but like you said, the highest price point as well.

If I were you, I would either go with Trufiber or Anderson Composites as alternative companies to buy from. S550 Carbon is also an option but they're a fairly newer company compared to the others. @50 Deep seems to like most of their products though!

I wouldn't even consider HCM in this discussion but that's just me
Agreed on HCM. The base on their wing isn't even close. I believe Anderson's has sketchy base corners as well which I can't over look. What I like about Trufiber is I can get the carbon fiber trunk lid and the wing for almost the same price as just the Carbon 2 Carbon wing. I really don't want to drill holes in my factory trunk lid.

I haven't checked out S550 Carbon but I will now. Thank you, everyone!

Sponsored

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If you order from s550 carbon let me know and I will give you a 5% discount code.

zzj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H1828
If you order from s550 carbon let me know and I will give you a 5% discount code.
Any discount from Carbon2carbon? :p I followed your Instagram and believe you got one from them.

FYI Anderson Composite is running back order for their R style spoiler and would be available until mid-late January. I have a friend kind work for them and he gave me 20% off MSRP so I put my money down but found this delay.
OEM spoiler has three bolts on each side so does Anderson composite and carbon2carbon. Most of other are running 4 bolts for one side.
I agree that the price is the major reason that I haven't order it from Carbon2Carbon but after I found the difference now it borders me not to order from them since I know they are different.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Would the extra holes that need to be drilled for the R spec wing be covered by the track pack spoiler if I put it back on? And does S550 Carbon have an R style wing? It seems 50 Deep has the C2C wing...

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
Would the extra holes that need to be drilled for the R spec wing be covered by the track pack spoiler if I put it back on? And does S550 Carbon have an R style wing? It seems 50 Deep has the C2C wing...

Not sure if the holes would be covered up if you were to go back to the track pack spoiler. But that may be why most on the forum suggest buying a new trunk lid altogether

S550 Carbon has an R style wing - https://carbonplug.com/s550carbon/carbon-fiber-gt350r-wing

But you're correct, [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] has the C2C wing since he wanted to be like me :headbonk:

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if the holes would be covered up if you were to go back to the track pack spoiler. But that may be why most on the forum suggest buying a new trunk lid altogether

S550 Carbon has an R style wing - https://carbonplug.com/s550carbon/carbon-fiber-gt350r-wing

But you're correct, @50 Deep has the C2C wing since he wanted to be like me :headbonk:
Thank you, Bryant. Theirs looks almost identical to Trufiber's wing. I told myself I didn't wanna go half-assed with mods on this car. I kind of feel anything but C2C's wing will result in regret later on down the line. Decisions...:confused:
Sponsored