Sponsored

Exhaust noise via radio speakers

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The one I'd like is exhaust closed in track or sport mode with toggle. Running Laguna Seca you need ALL the help you can get!
We have a track locally here with the same issue, I just did this with the car in Sport mode and I swear I toggled the exhaust closed. That's not track mode and I don't have an R, and hey, maybe I'm crazy too. I could swear this is possible?
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I turned it off and turned it back my now sold GT350 trackpack. Why? The car was to quiet with the windows up. When the windows are down I believe the system is disabled. Either way, I have an R and no radio/speakers now. Very little sound deadening material and the car is loud windows up or down. IMO it adds an extra level a rawness to the R. I haven't installed my Borla ATAK yet. I could only imagine.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mine's off and I'll probably just leave it off. The engine sounds amazing already. I have no need for additional speaker noise on top of it.

OP
OP

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
Mine's off and I'll probably just leave it off. The engine sounds amazing already. I have no need for additional speaker noise on top of it.
Any reported issues with the door ding getting louder like was reported on page 1?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Any reported issues with the door ding getting louder like was reported on page 1?
Door ding? I'm not sure what you are talking about. I haven't noticed any negative consequences of turning the engine enhancement off.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Exhaust noise consideration: it's not the car's actual exhaust sound. It's fake. It's like playing rain music on a sunny day or forest music while driving through the desert...ok, maybe not the best analogy, but fake is fake...

OP
OP

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
Door ding? I'm not sure what you are talking about. I haven't noticed any negative consequences of turning the engine enhancement off.
I must be crazy. I thought I read on page 1 two people saying they some ding (I thought it was the one you get when opening the doors) was REALLY LOUD after changing this setting. It must be another setting in another thread.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Seriously, is sound piped in thru the speakers in the GT350R?

OP
OP

350buyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Taco
Found it.
Thanks. Got it in and finally installed it last night. Not too bad once everything was connected. I turned off the fake exhaust and activated the red cobra/GT350 display. Very cool.

I've been driving around the past few weeks not able to hear my (real) exhaust, even with the windows down, as the fake piped in sound was soooo loud through my left front speaker following the stereo enhancements. I cant tell you how nice it is to not hear anything but music coming through the speakers and real and pure exhaust sounds coming from the actual exhaust. Love it.

Only problem is after making the change, the door chime (open door with car running, or leave lights on after turning car off, etc) is VERY VERY loud now. Any thoughts? or anyone experience this or know hoe to turn down the chime volume? It was fine before I deactivated the fake exhaust sound.
Reazo, I had the exact same thing occur after I disabled the the fake shit. Very, Very loud door chime. Also, I am unable to disable the seatbelt minder and I follow the instructions in the manual to a tee. I also had previously upgraded the pathetic OEM sound system. It has to be related. I let the Sirius expire because I haven't yet had that fix performed yet, which involves going behind the headliner.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Found it.
I haven't noticed any difference in the volume of the door chimes, but I haven't replaced speakers or any other stereo components either.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Pure Sound...(turn it up!)

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Sut6qGv_Zyc[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]lcRzLicP7DQ[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored