scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally got my cat delete (race pipes) from lethal installed today. Fitment is TIGHT...I mean tight! No matter how much adjustment is done it is close to hitting a couple spots. I haven’t really driven it too much...waiting to data log and get the go-ahead on going full tilt. I have the stock mufflers and resonator delete also. Honestly it is way too raspy already. I LOVE the new volume but the quality of sound is crap. I have a few options now...1) new Borla cat back 2) new stainless works cat back 3) FULL stainless works system (headers/cat back). I am worried about how close the new cat delete pipe sits and am sure it will hit and make noise soon. Also, I hope that another muffler (cat back) would cure the excessive raspiness. I am leaning towards #3 above...fixes the clearance issue and a new muffler that should have a better design for headers (sound) vs stock. I am not very knowledgeable about the new switch-fire X-pipe Borla is using on the ‘20 GT500 Kit...it may be perfect for what I want without buying new headers but sounding good. Not sold on the H-pipe option yet...x has always been my first choice. A guy on fb was the test car for stainless works and I am hoping to get more vids of his car with their full system...it sound amazing.

Scott
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Add the resonator back and it will be less raspy .