Sponsored

Exhaust experiment on 2015 Mustang GT. Adding resonators to stock catback with Legato axle backs.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Since I am getting ready to put 6 piston brakes and Steeda progressive springs on my 2015 GT Auto, I thought I would do an experiment.

I purchased a stock catback exhaust locally to experiment with. I am going to leave the stock resonator, cut and clamp additional resonators and put Legato Axle backs on. My goal is to do this outside the car and just swap exhaust systems. I might use a different exhaust on the axle back. Something cheap. The Legato is not in stone. But it's cheap and sounds good.

Since I do not want any drone, I am going to see if additional resonators mounted behind the stock "suitcase" and then the axle back.

I want to see if I can eliminate drone completely on my automatic trans car which I believe is magnified a bit with the blower forcing more exhaust through the engine. I put resonators on my SC 2009 Bullitt with Pypes headers and Borla axle backs and it eliminated drone and sounded excellent. That car had the high flow cats and Pypes H pipe.

I don't remember the diameters, though.

Any feedback?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I can't say on top of the stock resonator, but when I put on a Tru-X instead of a regular X pipe, it cleaned up the rasp from my car a ton. Could be another option if this one doesn't work out.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I don't know that name. But in looking online I noticed that some folks replaced the stock resonator with a Vibrant resonator and it helped with drone which is my objective. Throaty, old school sound with ZERO drone...
Sponsored