Evaporator went out

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 051A Deep Impact Blue Reverse sensors
Yep. Within the Houston S550s group we've had like 6-9 cars (maybe more I've lost track) that have gone down with the same issue, including my car. I waited a little over a month for that part to come in. The repair itself takes a whole morning/afternoon, but the longest part was waiting for that one part to come in.

When I was speaking with my service advisor, he was saying he has seen a lot of 2015-2016 S550s come through around 12-18k miles with leaking evap cores.

Unfortunately, it seems like this is one of those first model year quirks/issue. I told myself I'd never buy another first model year car again, but it was too hard to resist the S550 over the S197 lol. :cool:
I've heard my part showed up this morning. But, it is unconfirmed. Have any of y'all down in Houston had any confirmation of parts arriving.
Sponsored

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Confirmed that mine came in this morning. Hope to have her back in the next couple of days.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Whats the Lemon Law in LA? Maybe a call to Ford with regards to a buy-back would get things moving?
They got the part yesterday. Should have my car back Wednesday or Thursday. Lemon law in Louisiana is tough to meet the standards for.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Weird. So is this a Southern thing? It seems like a lot of you guys are from Florida, Louisiana, Texas, etc. I'm in Baltimore, MD and it gets pretty damn hot and humid here. I'm typically running my A/C, and cooled seats, just about all the time. Car is 1.5 years old with about 25,000 miles. No problems. A/C still seems to be blowing cold air...knock on wood.

There is one slightly strange thing I noticed. I feel like last summer, which was my first summer with the car, I typically had the climate control system set on Auto at 68 degrees which kept the cabin nice and cool. This summer, I noticed I have it set to 70 or 71. Anything below that and the fans are blowing too hard and it's too cold. Probably just me getting a year older or something...

Sponsored

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
I notice at times my 2016 GT the AC does not seem to be blowing as cool as it should.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Got mine back. My tech did an excellent job. Can't even tell he pulled the dash on it. And it will freeze your ass out of the car now!!! Too bad it took Ford 41 days to get the part to them.

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
About two months ago, I started smelling like solvent or something (smelled like I was in a hospital) when I turned the AC on, and it stopped blowing cool air last week. So, I took my car to the dealership. Service tech told me the evaporator needs to be replaced and it's covered by the warranty. My car should be ready for pick up today, and I will ask them if the replaced evaporator is updated one.

I was little worried if the warranty is voided because of the mods. But my dealership was cool about it (of course, I didn't mention anything about the mods). My car is 2015 EB (27000 miles) with K&N CAI, Mishimoto IC with pipes, UPR catch can, Unleashed tune, and Magnaflow street catback. Probably, none of these caused the evaporator defects.

Reactions: af3

NolaJo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic/Saddle
Got the call from the dealership yesterday saying I have a bad evaporator. The part should arrive today and I will hopefully have it back tomorrow.

This was the second time bringing it in. Three months ago they didn't find the problem and just charged it with freon.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the end of the A/C problems and the dash will be rattle free when I get it back.

TheGrayRider

Huh...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Black
The AC just stopped blowing cold in ours, 15 GT PP with 32,000 on it.
I'll keep this updated..

Sponsored

Sfive50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red
Did any of you notice what sounded like rushing water before any of your evaporator issues?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
This is what makes forums great! We can help each other a lot through communication. My 2016 GT is fine so far, knock's on wood.

NolaJo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic/Saddle
No idea! I just have the part number. It's FR3Z 19850 N.
Got mine back a couple days ago and seems to be working fine now. Took almost a week. The replacement part number is FR3Z 19850 R. I quick search shows that R replaces parts C, H or M. N replaces parts B, F or J. I wonder if the difference in part numbers is between Ecoboost and V6.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Got mine back a couple days ago and seems to be working fine now. Took almost a week. The replacement part number is FR3Z 19850 R. I quick search shows that R replaces parts C, H or M. N replaces parts B, F or J. I wonder if the difference in part numbers is between Ecoboost and V6.
I'm not sure what the difference is.
Sponsored