Sponsored

EU rear fog light for US car

Gnade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016
Hello!
This time I am in need of rear fog light that also act as reverse light. Basically the light needs to look like this....
lg0100__3.jpg
lg0100__8.jpg

Thing is that all light I have so far found are for EU cars what means they come with socket for EU car. Problem is that I believe I got US car that has socket like this...
232801909_397696828357127_3787869300208615528_n.jpg

...and those lights will not fit to this socket. So I was wondering if there was easy fix for it. Like having similar plug'n'play lights that would fit with this sock or some other easy hack.

Thank you!
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Hello!
This time I am in need of rear fog light that also act as reverse light. Basically the light needs to look like this....
lg0100__3.jpg
lg0100__8.jpg

Thing is that all light I have so far found are for EU cars what means they come with socket for EU car. Problem is that I believe I got US car that has socket like this...
232801909_397696828357127_3787869300208615528_n.jpg

...and those lights will not fit to this socket. So I was wondering if there was easy fix for it. Like having similar plug'n'play lights that would fit with this sock or some other easy hack.

Thank you!
there are a number of options here you could literally cut both connectors off, solder or crimp the wires together this would be the easiest but not clean.

the next method would be to find one of the opposing male/female connectors for either the mustang connector or the light connector then chop one of them off and add the new terminals and feed them into the connector.

i've been speaking to someone who's had to manually run a wire to power the fog light so that's another option too.

depends on what you are happy with doing, alternatively you could look for an american 4th break light kit which you could add as the fog light rather than the 4th brake light

OP
OP

Gnade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016
For now I would be happy with easies working solution. So plan for now is to remove the sockets and just connect wires. Luckily previous owner already installed dedicated wire with button on dashboard for rear fog light, what already works. Logically now I just need to connect the right wires. If it works it works, if not. I guess I have to come up with another solution.
I was hoping to find some kind of adapter/converter, but that probably doesn't exist.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
For now I would be happy with easies working solution. So plan for now is to remove the sockets and just connect wires. Luckily previous owner already installed dedicated wire with button on dashboard for rear fog light, what already works. Logically now I just need to connect the right wires. If it works it works, if not. I guess I have to come up with another solution.
I was hoping to find some kind of adapter/converter, but that probably doesn't exist.
Only way to do it cleanly would be to get the opposing connector for both ends yourself and wire up a splice connector, it's not that easy so just cutting them and soldering or crimping them would be easiest solution

Sponsored

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Kévin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hello!

I have to change it too, doesn't pass Gov tests in Andorra. When they did the homologation in France, they added a switch below the ford main switch and 2 lights bulbs behind, but when you reverse with rear fog light turn on, you can't see rear light.

The link @Chappers gave us is pretty useful informations, I will go to local ford dealer later to buy the parts. I don't have parts numbers but I will check with the guy, and add them here later.

First I will try to reused already present extra wire with the extra switch and add the new OEM rear light - I still have to check voltage and current before, if it's compatible -, and later in the year finish it properly by changing the main switch with new wires to BCM and stuff.

I need to find accurate wiring diagrams for my GT 2019 before, just to be extra sure of the pins numbers

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Kévin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OP
OP

Gnade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016
I was lucky that my car previous owner had already installed dedicated/3rd wire. So all I had to do is connect wires but I over paid my light. Found light from Poland, for 160 euros (New, and has euro cert). Few weeks later I got price notification from local shop, selling same light 70 euros.

tuxity

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Kévin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Thanks for the info @Gnade !

I think I will do the same as you first, then a proper connection via the BCM.
You just plugged in the wire on the reverse pin on the connector of the light ? I was a bit worried about Volts and Current, you didn't add any "resistance" (Idk if it's the correct word in english)

This is the current setup I have around the dedicated switch, the wire which is alone at the bottom go to the rear light

PHOTO-2021-08-24-14-21-05.jpg

OP
OP

Gnade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2016
Mmmm....Mine was already done so much by previous owner that I didn't even need to touch the switch. I just connected wires on backend.
Sponsored