Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Man I miss old cars at times lol. I had an 87 Monte Carlo SS like 20 years ago when I was in the military. Built a 350 and swapped out the 305. I could sit under the hood and easily work on shit. And the electronics? What electronics lol.

I look under the hood of my mustang and I feel like this install is gonna be so daunting with hoses and wires packed in every nook and cranny. I hate to think having to do a motor or trans swap lol.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Man I miss old cars at times lol. I had an 87 Monte Carlo SS like 20 years ago when I was in the military. Built a 350 and swapped out the 305. I could sit under the hood and easily work on shit. And the electronics? What electronics lol.

I look under the hood of my mustang and I feel like this install is gonna be so daunting with hoses and wires packed in every nook and cranny. I hate to think having to do a motor or trans swap lol.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I know the pain. Believe me.

You'll be good. What all are you doing? Just blower?

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I know the pain. Believe me.

You'll be good. What all are you doing? Just blower?
Ya that and the BAP. Not looking forward to getting the back two plugs out or the fuel injector stuff.

What's the best way to drain the coolant? just drain it all or pull the therm housing and let whatever is gonna come out, come out? When refilling, what's the best way to avoid air pockets?

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1

the blower install isn't that big of a deal because you aren't dealing with most of those hoses and wires, unless you are doing a fuel system upgrade as well...

Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
the blower install isn't that big of a deal because you aren't dealing with most of those hoses and wires, unless you are doing a fuel system upgrade as well...
ya id eventually like to go E85 even if just for the safety aspect of it with how it just runs cooler. Especially now that i have a full time take home vehicle from work, this is kind of just my fun car now lol.

Also not sure what to do with my cats. Granted i dont have emissions where im at, but i also know its illegal to even remove them in the first place. Im worried about them melting and blowing the motor. Then you see even aftermarket cats supposedly rated for boost failing also. Seems like the only ones that dont are the ones on the GT500.

Now, talking to a few people including Wengerd, it seems as long as youre not beating the shit out of it and doing long back to back pulls you should be ok. Wengerd also said he leaves all the cat protection in place to keep them as cool as they can be.

Last edited:

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ya that and the BAP. Not looking forward to getting the back two plugs out or the fuel injector stuff.

What's the best way to drain the coolant? just drain it all or pull the therm housing and let whatever is gonna come out, come out? When refilling, what's the best way to avoid air pockets?
It depends if you have extra coolant or not.

Personally I would just put a bucket (clean and new) under and pop the thermos housing.

Best way to fill/bleed is Vacuum Fill.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Personally I would just put a bucket (clean and new) under and pop the thermos housing.

How far out are we from seeing a nice 60-130? :)

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When he opens his wallet and orders a Dragyā€¦ā€¦.. or borrows one. :)
I can settle with a video from the passenger prince. šŸ˜…

Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)

So if you don't have a vacuum bleeder.... Lol

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Man n/a ripsā€¦. Ok not really but then again it was pouring down rain and I hav drā€™s on so I wasnā€™t gonna pull a Mustang! Speaking of DRā€™s @Cory S what you think I should put my tire pressure at now since I have 500 whp less? Been running them at 18 cold for ever now.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So if you don't have a vacuum bleeder.... Lol
I would suggest the old school method. Start it stone cold with the cap off, and let it run until the coolant fans have cycled and the thermostat has opened. Then top off the reservoir above full (not completely) and check the fluid after a few short drives especially in the AM.

It may help to jack the front end up as high as you can as well and put jack stands underneath as a safety. It will help gravity bleed.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Man n/a ripsā€¦. Ok not really but then again it was pouring down rain and I hav drā€™s on so I wasnā€™t gonna pull a Mustang! Speaking of DRā€™s @Cory S what you think I should put my tire pressure at now since I have 500 whp less? Been running them at 18 cold for ever now.
22 psi lol

I'm so sorry Billy. When I get down for the seats we will go for a ride.