HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I bought an ESP from Champion. Was just a bit cheaper than Flood which was not immediately obvious since they use different defaults for options.

Anyway, I see that my contract lists eligible states one of which Champion is in. I didn't see anything in the fine print (but it is 10 pages and my eyes started to cross before I finished) and I know it is valid if you move anywhere in the US so I hope it doesn't matter that I did not live in any of those states when I bought it. And since there are clearly different contracts depending on the state of the dealer, I also wonder if there is anything in the differences that matter to the buyer.

I noticed Champion checked a box saying "NO" to this being an internet sale. I'm not clear why Ford would care unless maybe to indicate the selling dealer could not verify the current mileage. Anyone know what that box means and why it would be checked "no"? Anyone who bought an ESP over the internet, is that box checked on your contract?

Since the contract came from out of state, the seller obviously does not have a contract with my signature and for whatever reason, my copy doesn't have their signature, just a typed name. After watching all the legal gyrations in the news lately about missing signatures on contracts, any lawyers know if that could be a problem, technically speaking. Obviously not likely considering the other party is Ford.

Lastly, how can I verify Ford has accepted the contract? Trying to use it years from now for the first time is not a good time to find out anything is wrong.

Am going to ask Champion these questions but always good to hear other takes.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
If your vehicle has a valid FORD ESP Plan, go to your local Ford Dealer Service Center. Ask them if they can run your VIN in the system because you want to confirm what Ford warranty plans are attached to your VIN. If there is ANY Ford ESP plans (Extended Warranty OR Maintenance Plans), it will come up in their system and will be noted what type of plan, when it started, etc.

If when the Service Writer runs your VIN and there’s no Ford ESP, then you need to contact Ford Corporate via the 800# OR the selling Warranty Service Provider to question why it’s not tagged to your VIN.

Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise about the Dealer being able to see what Ford ESP plans are under your VIN. I was shown the screen by my Service Writer and could see exactly what was attached to my VIN, where the car was purchased, start date of Ford Factory Warranty and much other info.

One Note:
IF the ESP plan your purchased is NOT a Ford offered plan (ESP or Maintenance) available and bought through Ford, then those plans won’t show in Ford’s OASIS system. Those are “external” plans bought/sold through 3rd parties, such as Financial Lenders, Credit Unions, Insurance Companies, AAA Memberships, or other automotive vendor avenues.

—

I have a 120k ESP for my 2018, but it was not purchased through Ford, it was through my Credit Union. So even though it’s a full comprehensive plan and covers almost anything bumper to bumper (yes, I read the fine print) - it does NOT and will never show up in Ford’s OASIS under my VIN. So when I need to use it down the road, all I have to do is present the plan info to the Ford Service Center, any repairs are then paid out by and are covered via that plan. It is also a plan that is endorsed and accepted by Ford and is valid at any Ford Service Center in the US.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, its the Ford plan. Will call dealer and ask them to check or go in if that's what it takes. Thanks.
Sponsored