Sponsored

Entertainment Screen Brightness Quirk

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So here's a weird one. The other night, I was playing around with my instrument cluster brightness. As soon as I touched the +/- (forgot which one I hit first, but later discovered it doesn't matter), my nav screen snapped to a much dimmer setting. A setting that I actually preferred as I always thought it was too bright for the rest of my settings. Thought it weird, and went on about my night.

Drove it again at night and noticed the brightness of the screen again once the lights came on and interior went to night mode automatically. It did it again. I touched a +/- selection and the screen snapped to the dimmer setting. I have now repeated this three times in a row. It always occurs going into night when the lights come on automatically and the interior auto sets up for night.

It's a nuisance, but no other glitches, so certainly not anything I'mma take it to a dealer for. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this, or if you could try yours out and see if anyone else can repeat it. Thanks guys.
Sponsored

missile_pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
2016 does it for me also with latest Sync version. Once my lights turn on in lower light I habitually tap the dimmer once to bring it down. I'm curious if it was related to Android Auto or similar, i.e. my phone is always in dark mode - either through selecting dark theme or forced with developer options on apps that don't run dark theme natively. I'll have to try mine with and without Android Auto to see if effects the behavior.
But yeah it's a thing.