Voo Doo

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Way to go Bill... I think I’ll do my CS front splitter when I Return!!! PS. Poeshe race car driver/buddy recommends Michelin Pilot G4’s for my use at the Track!! I’ll get a set of those as Well!!
Sponsored

GTAG07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT/CS
Here is my engine bay. I love Ruby Red but damn it’s a pain to duplicate the color for any cosmetic mods. I originally planned to get Paintscratch rattle cans matched to the Ford color code. But I recently had some body work done and decided to have the engine parts painted by the body shop. I masked them up and had them just paint them (for a nice little fee but worth it). Then I did the black accents by hand with standard high gloss rustoleum.

I hope to do a few more parts, such as paint the coolant tank black and other details. I’m hoping to go FI someday so I’m trying to not Ruby Red anything that I’ll remove for FI. I like it so far....onto the calipers next!
View media item 14433View media item 14438View media item 14439View media item 14435

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I mean, it looks nice. But you're far from done friend. Get some strut tower covers, radiator cover extensions, black screws for your coolant tank, black (or blue) cap for your windshield wiper tank. Then you can say you're done :-)

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
maybe a nice Ford or 2.3 logo on the face of the engine cover?

Sponsored

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I mean, it looks nice. But you're far from done friend. Get some strut tower covers, radiator cover extensions, black screws for your coolant tank, black (or blue) cap for your windshield wiper tank. Then you can say you're done :-)

I read that strut tower covers won't fit since I have the black piece behind it, but I like all the blue showing. Unless there's one that fits perfectly around the bolts while not interfering with the black cover I just paid 60 bucks for behind it lol.

I will eventually change the caps over to black. I ordered black struts for hood.

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I read that strut tower covers won't fit since I have the black piece behind it, but I like all the blue showing. Unless there's one that fits perfectly around the bolts while not interfering with the black cover I just paid 60 bucks for behind it lol.

I will eventually change the caps over to black. I ordered black struts for hood.
You are correct to some degree. The MMD pony strut covers don't find if you have the JLT cylinder cover. I cut the JLT to fit the MMD cover. But there are color matched covers that do work. I think it was JLT again but I'm not sure if they are still selling them painted. I remember them saying painted parts were stopping this year.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
You are correct to some degree. The MMD pony strut covers don't find if you have the JLT cylinder cover. I cut the JLT to fit the MMD cover. But there are color matched covers that do work. I think it was JLT again but I'm not sure if they are still selling them painted. I remember them saying painted parts were stopping this year.
Are you saying JLT has strut tower covers? I will be checking them out. Prob get black ones as I’m not sure how well grabber blue from diff places will match. Safe bet is black if they aren’t overly expensive

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Contacted jlt and they had one last set of gloss black covers left. I bought them, they no longer make the part due to their paint department was very small and they closed that department down.

But while I was on phone.asked what colors they are showing to have stock left and here’s they are.Here’s list i would share if anyone wanted one.I got a 5% discount too just ask for it. I got black gloss because the bar is gloss black.

Do you think gloss black would look better overtop the blue vs having no cap being all blue?

Edit. I canceled my black ones, I’d rather have body colored. Going to research finding some in blue. One Black is available

Avalanche grey
Competition orange
Quite a few Hydro carbon (carbon fiber)
Magnetic j7 paint code
Orange fury
Race red
Ruby red
White platinum aniversary color

Last edited:

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Not under hood but ,Once you start modding its a addiction.I'm thinking of admitting myself to the Henry Ford clinic :)
mgp.JPG

Last edited: