Emissions readiness monitor NOT set

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For those of you having troubles getting the rear O2's to report, it's because of the tune. Most tuners will shut of the LTFT's with blown/modified setups. When the LTFT's are disabled, the rear O2's will not report, and a scan will always show INCOMPLETE no matter how long you drive. You need to tell the tuner to turn on the LTFT's so your rear O2's will report for emissions purposes. (granny driving emissions tune file only) This doesn't mean they will report and make the ECU happy either. That's up to you, how you want to try to fool the ECU by creating a accepted voltage signal range from the rear O2's ie: fouler s, spacers, O2 resistors/simulators etc.
Sponsored

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
For those of you having troubles getting the rear O2's to report, it's because of the tune. Most tuners will shut of the LTFT's with blown/modified setups. When the LTFT's are disabled, the rear O2's will not report, and a scan will always show INCOMPLETE no matter how long you drive. You need to tell the tuner to turn on the LTFT's so your rear O2's will report for emissions purposes. (granny driving emissions tune file only) This doesn't mean they will report and make the ECU happy either. That's up to you, how you want to try to fool the ECU by creating a accepted voltage signal range from the rear O2's ie: fouler s, spacers, O2 resistors/simulators etc.

Thanks. This makes sense. I have Texas Speed Catless on my 2019 GT and never could get the o2 sensors to come on. After several back and forth emails with PBD they finally sent me a tune. At first they said they do not mess with any emissions stuff and they do not turn anything off. That's when I sent them a screenshot of my O2, h02 sensors in red status using their Nguage they sold and they sent me another tune. I asked them what the difference is with my original e85 tune and the new one and they said it was the same except they exported it differently. What?

Anyways I loaded the new tune last night and drove my car to work today about 30 miles on the freeway. . Never went past 65 mph. 9 hours later when I got in my car to go home I noticed that the o2 sensors were green on the nguage. My Evap and Cat monitors are still red but hopefully they turn green soon.

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
***UPDATE***

Turned on the car this morning to go to work and noticed my CEL is now on but my EVAP monitor is green now along with my o2, ho2 sensors. The CAT monitor shows red still.

speedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Speedo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
***Update2***
All went to hell with my car after the last update. PBD sent me another tune and drove my car to work. 10 hours later i am driving home and the car is misfiring. Acceleration is poor, the CEL is blinking on and off. It all is going down hill. I start to worry of course so I pull over and start thinking that the tune was bad. So I uploaded the old tune just to see what happens and start driving home. All of the sudden the same thing happens with the car. Poor acceleration, CEL blinking crazy, car feels like stopping but i get home safely. At this point i don't know what to do so I use my nguage to look at the CEL codes. I have several codes to read and one of them was the P0152 code meaning its sensor 1 Bank 2. So I lift the car and go under and I noticed that one of the plug extensions is loose and slips right off. It was like it wasn't connected to anything. I also noticed that the main connector was way behind the engine. I had to reach all the way up with my arm to connect the o2 sensor plug. It was a PITA all together but i got it connected.

I uploaded the new tune that PBD sent me and drove the car around for about 60 miles around the city and highway. Now all my sensors are green! I guess all this time there were 2 issues of my problem...

1. PBD sent me a tune with the sensors disabled.
2. The exhaust shop where I had my headers installed did not properly connect the o2 sensor to the main connector.

Sometimes it helps doing a little googling yourself and you be surprise what you can fix.

Now its time to head to the inspection shop and see if my car passes. Hopefully everything goes well.
Sponsored