Emblem lighted

Warp Speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello all; last year I bought a lighted GT emblem and a lighted Mustang emblem from X-Lume. Got around to installing the GT one last fall; after only a couple months of usage, the thin chrome coating started coming off. It’s about 50% gone at this point. Do any of you experience folks have any advice on if there’s any product that I could repaint my emblem with and still have the light show through. X-lume stopped making this product and I see why. The company pretty much ghosted me for any for any help. Fortunately, I have not installed the front one yet, which would probably receive 10 times the abuse as the back one. Might try wrapping the front one and 3 AM before I put it on. Any advice would be great; thank you my fellow Mustangers.

IMG_3141.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg
Sponsored

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
I know there are certain kinds of vinyl you can get that tint things. Not just black, they have shades of chrome, pearlescent and other colors that you can see through. If you get all the flaky chrome off you could get it wrapped with something that has a chrome effect. I think any kind of paint might have to go on too thick and I have yet to see anything in a rattle can last very long in the elements.

OP
OP
Warp Speed

Warp Speed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Stang 67, thank you for the reply; I will look for that type of product.
Sponsored