Electric polisher

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
OK... not as interesting as superchargers or ceramic headers but can anyone recommend a good electric polisher under £100.
Or is using one sacrilege?
Thanks
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful when using them, seriously, they can strip your paint and mess it up if you put too much pressure on them.

OP
OP
markleigh

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(
Be careful when using them, seriously, they can strip your paint and mess it up if you put too much pressure on them.
I know from experience... wasn't paying attention on one car, lifted the pad and realised I'd buffed down to the metal. Rookie error...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I know from experience... wasn't paying attention on one car, lifted the pad and realised I'd buffed down to the metal. Rookie error...
Yeah you gotta be stupid gentle with them, they're expensive, it depends what your aim is with it, a good one will set you back a couple hundered.

Also worth asking detailers what they use or recommend and going from there. They've always been happy to help me when I've had cleaning questions.

Sponsored

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
www.detailingworld.co.uk .All you ever wanted to know,hours of fun.

We are a garage and for our own cars use a company called Ultimate Finish for detailing supplies.
The Mequiars buffer is a good bet and very user friendly often sold bundled with the kit you need.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Yeah you gotta be stupid gentle with them, they're expensive, it depends what your aim is with it, a good one will set you back a couple hundered.

Also worth asking detailers what they use or recommend and going from there. They've always been happy to help me when I've had cleaning questions.
..and then a couple hundred £ more. I have Rupes Bigfoot and it was well north of £200! (mind you, it's paid for itself more than once!)

Sponsored

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Like posted before, detailing world is very good and I buy my stuff from cleanyourcar.com
I have two orbital polishers one normal size and one smaller one (it's a pain changing the heads all the time). To be honest with an random orbital you would have to be be careless to go through paint. However under £100 and you are going to struggle. Both of mine are Vertool motor driven ones (doesn't bog down) and the main one was £190 I think but they are very good, in my view on par with Rupes.

dwaine dibbley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Coupe 2016