Sponsored

Ecoboost (Fake) Sound by Subaruwrxfan

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
Interesting video by Subaruwrxfan about the controversial ecoboost cabin sound. Tought I'd share.

[ame]
Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Topic already beat to death in many threads. Please make it stop :doh:

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
I can't tell a difference between the 2 (with /without fuse)

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I can't tell a difference between the 2 (with /without fuse)
It's much deeper sounding to me with the fuse in based on this video at least.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
A bunch of manufacturers do this.Hardly a new thing or Ford only. BMW,vw,Porsche are a few. Its an induction sample based on rpm ,electronically or manually ala sound tube piped in sound in the GT. It's like a back up singer adding depth to whats already there. I don't see why it's talked about so much .You get a quiter cabin but still get the aural pleasure of hearing the mechanics growl.Sound from in the cabin is great IMO.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
It is difficult to 'mask' low frequency sounds. Low frequency tends to travel through materials more easily than high frequencies. It appears that the sound system removes quite a bit of the higher frequencies but not much of the lows. Most owners seem to like low rumbling exhausts. When I finally get my Ecoboost, I am going to use my Bose noise-canceling earphones, which do a great job on commercial airliners in reducing high frequency noises, to see how well the Ecoboost does versus the Bose.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I agree with apwrx. I don't mind the sound at all. In fact, I tell myself that I like it better than the baritone exhaust on my old genesis coupe, even though that want electronic. The way I see it is, companies can spend thousands on mufflers and resonators, but does that make it authentic? To me, resonators and bigger mufflers are same as electronic engine sound augmentation. Plus everyone against it are making it sound like Ford recorded a v8 and is playing it. My understanding is that the sound is sampled from the EB engine and is tuned so that lows are enhanced and played to augment the deeper notes and help mask the high pitch whines. This is what the resonators on some other turbo 4 bangers do.

BTW, what a horrible revew subaruwrxfan did of the EB mustang...

Last edited:

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
That's the dude who got his Mustang for free by begging for charity!
One of the reasons I dislike him, but there are to many others.
1. His review of EB goes on like a child raving about a new puppy. While this is okay, he goes on to say he will point out the negatives to be fair, complete bs.

2. He talks WAY too much. He even says that he will not talk sup much so that we can hear the engine noise, then goes on talking for another two minutes.

3. Excessive hand gesturing while talking. You get nauseated from the hand movements in the video.

None of the above are something you'd expect from a serious video.

But I have wasted more than enough of my time talking about that guy. ..

Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
seriously how do so many people like this guys reviews? Especially enough to give him money to get a Mustang?! I am sure he's a great guy and not bad in person but my gosh super annoying in his reviews.

OP
OP

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
I like his style (to each his own)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Actually I like his 47-minute review because he is almost the only one that had show the rear seats and how you can use those. I know that no-one is buying a mustang for its spacious rear seats :) but for us that have never seen a mustang in person (remember that it will be exported to europe for the first time in 2015), it is a needed info.
I sure will see it in real within a few months, but for now an in-depth review as the one from subaruwrxfan is great.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
everybody got hate on something

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
seriously how do so many people like this guys reviews? Especially enough to give him money to get a Mustang?! I am sure he's a great guy and not bad in person but my gosh super annoying in his reviews.
My gosh, everyone has their own tastes apparently!
Sponsored