Sponsored

Ebay JLT plus SCT X4

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thank you for pointing this out! I'd much rather go your route and buy a SCTX4 preloaded with the canned tunes and then just order custom tunes separately.
All x4s come with the canned tunes if that's what your looking for. Some tuners disable them after flashing the first time to keep you from accidentally loading the wrong file

You can request they not do that though
Sponsored

OP
OP

mag_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic (Base Model w/ Recaro)
I was in the market for one. But each time I contacted a seller, they told me the tuner would be blank and that I would have to get a custom tune written. I even called AM and asked them. Now maybe they misunderstood my question or something. But I was told that the Bama, Lund, and VMP X4 units would not have the SCT canned tune files on it. So just be sure you ask and be sure it will have them. Plus, most people I know who have ordered these JLT or Steeda with a tuner have had to wait a few days for the tuner to email a written tune. That is what AM told me I would have to do with one of those tuners. So I opted out and got a used DS. Now if a vendor tells you differently and is sure, then go by what they say. And keep me posted when it arrives so I'll know for future reference.
Got to play with the SCT today. It was fairly easy, just had to update it on my PC. It came with all the factory tunes. It includes 87-93 octane tune, JLT,Air Raid, and another CAI tune, Kooks Headers tune, rev limiter, speed limiter, idle RPM setting and other goodies. Pretty much comes ready for all the popular bolt ons.

Still waiting on my JLT to be delivered, I've contacted the seller and they are very helpful. He is checking in with his warehouse to see why they haven't shipped it. He also contacted SCT for me to find out about their factory tunes.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I bought a lot of performance parts for my Lightning from Mark at LFP (Lightning Force Performance) and never had any problems. Back in the day, they would have parts listed on their website and not have them in stock. A lot guys got tired of waiting 2-6 weeks for their parts and gave them a bad reputation on the forums.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Got to play with the SCT today. It was fairly easy, just had to update it on my PC. It came with all the factory tunes. It includes 87-93 octane tune, JLT,Air Raid, and another CAI tune, Kooks Headers tune, rev limiter, speed limiter, idle RPM setting and other goodies. Pretty much comes ready for all the popular bolt ons.

Still waiting on my JLT to be delivered, I've contacted the seller and they are very helpful. He is checking in with his warehouse to see why they haven't shipped it. He also contacted SCT for me to find out about their factory tunes.
Alright good...about the SCT tuner that is. Hopefully the JLT will get to you soon also! It's gonna wake that car up!!

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
i just installed mine with the jlt intake. The power gains are really good. couple of issues,

1. I have no rev limiter. I can rev to 10k rpm and blow the motor if i wanted to. It is set at 7k for both N and D but never works. Tuner is up to date also.

2. You cannot adjust your fan speed control. (you need custom tune).

everything else is fine.

OP
OP

mag_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic (Base Model w/ Recaro)
Alright so the JLT came in today and I installed it in a matter of 20 minutes. Installed the JLT tune from my SCT and my God does this thing suck hard. I noticed major gains in the mid range RPM and the sound at around 3-4500 RPM is insane. This combo I found on EBAY is amazing for the price. $650 for the SCT X4 AND the JLT... I recommend it... Save yourself $300 and grab it on EBay. The canned SCT tunes is all I need for now. I'm more than satisfied.
Sponsored