Sponsored

EB Premium PP vs. GT Premium

mustangshopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
So I'm now convinced that a GT is fine for daily driving. However, a dealer nearby got an EB Premium with performance package and I am wondering if I should make the drive out to try it. I am waiting for dealers to get back to me with pricing to build an '18 GT, but here's the problem: I can't get a GT PP. Reason is that I unfortunately have foot/back issues that would make it a bad idea for me to drive stick. :( All that in consideration, does a GT still handle/drive better (I'm aware at least some of this is probably subjective) than an EB PP?
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
So I'm now convinced that a GT is fine for daily driving. However, a dealer nearby got an EB Premium with performance package and I am wondering if I should make the drive out to try it. I am waiting for dealers to get back to me with pricing to build an '18 GT, but here's the problem: I can't get a GT PP. Reason is that I unfortunately have foot/back issues that would make it a bad idea for me to drive stick. :( All that in consideration, does a GT still handle/drive better (I'm aware at least some of this is probably subjective) than an EB PP?
You can get the PP with auto GT's for 2018 models.

The PP for the ecoboost is different than the PP for the GT, it uses the 3:55 optional rear, brakes, and I believe the suspension from the standard GT. So by getting a non-PP GT you would get basically the same stuff as you would for a PP ecoboost, but the handling with the lighter engine might be a bit better than it is with the non-PP GT.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You can get the GT PP with the 10 speed auto from 2018, so don't let that stop you. You'll regret not getting the V8. There are countless threads of people upgrading over the last few years.

The EB PP handles/turns in just a little better stock, but not enough to outweigh the other advantages that the GT PP gets you: sound isn't even comparable, brembos, better cooling, obviously faster. It's overall better drive. The power band is larger and not so peaky. It's just more fun.

OP
OP

mustangshopper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
You can get the GT PP with the 10 speed auto from 2018, so don't let that stop you. You'll regret not getting the V8. There are countless threads of people upgrading over the last few years.

The EB PP handles/turns in just a little better stock, but not enough to outweigh the other advantages that the GT PP gets you: sound isn't even comparable, brembos, better cooling, obviously faster. It's overall better drive. The power band is larger and not so peaky. It's just more fun.
Wait really? I had two dealers tell me it can only be done with an auto. How about 2019? I would absolutely love a GT PP!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait really? I had two dealers tell me it can only be done with an auto. How about 2019? I would absolutely love a GT PP!
It's true that the 15-17 GT PP was manual only, but not so for the 2018+. No changes to that for 2019.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited

Yup...only PP2 is manual only.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
You can get the PP with auto GT's for 2018 models.

The PP for the ecoboost is different than the PP for the GT, it uses the 3:55 optional rear, brakes, and I believe the suspension from the standard GT. So by getting a non-PP GT you would get basically the same stuff as you would for a PP ecoboost, but the handling with the lighter engine might be a bit better than it is with the non-PP GT.
2018 EB PP has Torsten 3:55, GT standard brakes, summer tires (P-zeros, no Michellin PS4).

Here’s the list from ford website.

The EcoBoost® Performance Package includes:
• 3.55 TORSEN® Limited-slip Rear Axle
• 19" Low-gloss Ebony Black-painted Aluminum Wheels
• 255/40R19 Summer Only Tires
• Black Painted Strut-tower Brace
• "Engine Spun" Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Boost)
• Heavy-duty Front Springs
• Larger Brake Rotors with Four-Piston Fixed Calipers
• Larger Radiator 67E 0 0
• Performance Rear Wing (Fastback Only)