East coast buyers

lowkeylow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Loki
Vehicle(s)
soon to be 15' GT Comp PKG
There are three koons ford dealerships. One in baltimore, one in northern va in falls church and one in sterling in northern va. I believe he was at sterling. I recommend asking for greg williams if you call them and tell him you heard from Jeremy
THe one in Baltimore is 2.5 hrs away from me, might be worth the ride!
Sponsored

cm5878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT
There has to be a catch with them though. Is there still negotiating room based on their marked prices?

reex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic...
I'm looking for an EB base with PP. Best deal I can get here in Atlanta area is about 2500 off the MSRP. hmmm...maybe I should fly to BWI

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
THe one in Baltimore is 2.5 hrs away from me, might be worth the ride!
Yeah, at 2.5 hrs, you're insane not to make the trip. I bought from Pete in Baltimore. Tell him Josh from SC sent you if you go! They picked me up at the airport and had me out of the dealership in 2 hours with a test drive.

There has to be a catch with them though. Is there still negotiating room based on their marked prices?
There's not really any negotiating room. I negotiated a little on the wheel and tire warranty, but not for the car price. I was out the door at $33k for a GT with Performance Package and the wheel and tire care. It is insane the prices they have. I woke up at 4am for the first flight out of Columbia, SC and parked the car in my driveway at 9pm that night. But for a saving of $5k, it was well worth it. And I had the best crab cake I've ever had for lunch that day.

Sponsored

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

I wouldn't say there is a catch really. Things I would point out are that their pricing sometimes includes all rebates you may or may not qualify for (grad student, military, etc) and of course taxes vary based on your home state, etc. Other than that, they are pretty solid.

You might find they are willing to go lower, but they might not be. You never know what their cost for a vehicle has been because of a trade with another dealer etc. Ordering a vehicle with them is a little more straight forward. Other factors like the time of the month, the new 2016 orders opening up soon, Ford changes in rebates...that is all that makes car buying so great right? :crazy:

lowkeylow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Loki
Vehicle(s)
I just finished talking to koon Ford in Baltimore and they are having this crazy sale because of construction renovations going on at the dealership and its a crazy mess, therefor business has been going down for them.... the sales man told me to come in asap for these crazy deals because its the end of the month and next month prices do go up!..... im in a tight position lol! have 2 days to decide

reex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic...
I just finished talking to koon Ford in Baltimore and they are having this crazy sale because of construction renovations going on at the dealership and its a crazy mess, therefor business has been going down for them.... the sales man told me to come in asap for these crazy deals because its the end of the month and next month prices do go up!..... im in a tight position lol! have 2 days to decide
so their offer is the WOW price + 800 freight + 400 document fee? (will pay the TTL to the home state)

lowkeylow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Loki
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, at 2.5 hrs, you're insane not to make the trip. I bought from Pete in Baltimore. Tell him Josh from SC sent you if you go! They picked me up at the airport and had me out of the dealership in 2 hours with a test drive.

Josh that is awesome! did you get the premium or the more expensive one with PP PKG? im in a tight space because my 335i is at the shop I am removing everything and it wont be ready in time! and if I trade it in I loose a certain amount of cash rather than selling it privately, so im either wining in saving for gt but still loosing $3-4K in trade in, almost equals out... then I think about selling prob and ordering a 16' but I just donno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment

I sort of buy this explanation, although they could be just trying to get you to purchase by the end of the month to meet whatever sales quota they have. Honestly, since I got a quote from them that applies to any mustang spec'd in the particular way I wanted it I feel safe waiting until the 2016 details and pricing comes out to decide whether to just order a 2016 or buy a 2015 from them/other dealer that matches their prices.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
So....I paid about 26k otd for my base EB. $500 rebate. Apparently Koons ford in Washington DC is selling most of their models with about 5K off MSRP, some people have said they paid 20k for their EB and v6 models from them. The GT's also have some knocked off the msrp.

And according to them the WOW price doesn't included college, military and other rebates you can use.

http://www.koonsfallschurchford.com...ius=false&showSubmit=true&showSelections=true
I'm in an odd situation with them.. long story short, purchased from Koons Baltimore but car in PA.

I purchase, do the trade-in, down payment, etc... paperwork in hand. Now waiting for car. They call and say the car was sold to someone else before I purchased. LOL

Odd thing was the price they gave me (which I thought was good), was $2000.00 higher than the exact same car (same VIN) when it showed up on their website!

They have another car they can truck up, but I'm wondering if I should wait and get a better deal later.

Odd situation.

All good, they seem like okay people... great prices from what I can tell, even for the DC area. My local dealer, less than a mile away, wants close to MSRP on Mustangs, only knocking off only 2k on some cars. They are moving them though....

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It is possible it was sold that fast or the dealer they were getting it from wasn't willing to sell it to them for invoice. I found about a dozen cars all to have been sold out from under me or the dealer wouldn't trade with my dealer. Wound up just ordering it. At least after a 4 week wait I know I will have a car instead of continuing to chase other ones on lots.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
It is possible it was sold that fast or the dealer they were getting it from wasn't willing to sell it to them for invoice. I found about a dozen cars all to have been sold out from under me or the dealer wouldn't trade with my dealer. Wound up just ordering it. At least after a 4 week wait I know I will have a car instead of continuing to chase other ones on lots.
I went and picked up my car a minute ago... she was not too upset, got me home. But that's a Honda for 'ya! :-)

Funny, I think they were expecting me to be upset. I'm getting old, things don't bother me much anymore. Plus, I did not want to burn a bridge over something I'm sure they feel bad about as well... we all lost money on that bad deal (if you count our time).

I'll more than likely order a car through them... thinking my situation was the luck of the draw.

These first world problems are killing me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
I went and picked up my car a minute ago... she was not too upset, got me home. But that's a Honda for 'ya! :-)

Funny, I think they were expecting me to be upset. I'm getting old, things don't bother me much anymore. Plus, I did not want to burn a bridge over something I'm sure they feel bad about as well... we all lost money on that bad deal (if you count our time).

I'll more than likely order a car through them... thinking my situation was the luck of the draw.

These first world problems are killing me.
That's a good attitude to have in life in general. :cheers:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I had two cars that I was locked in on at Sterling. During the negotiations I had the first one sold out from under me two days ago, and then the other one had the folder swiped off my guys desk to get financed for someone else just yesterday. It was about 6pm, I was at work and couldn't do anything about it. So there were only going to be two or three base EBs in the color and transmission and price I wanted on the whole East Coast lol. I was pretty bummed and started thinking about waiting and buying a 2015 next year after the 2016's came out.

Luckily zero hour I was saved because the guy rejected the banks offer. I put a deposit on it this morning flying up on Friday to finalize the deal and drive it back.

The weather is clearing up, up there. All of the supercheap Stangs that I had saved in my logs are starting to disappear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored