Sponsored

Ease of swapping out/selling PZero's?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
My tires have less than 500 miles on them. But for safety and better control in the rain I'd like to swap them out for something else. My concern is being stuck with them after I take them off. Right now I've got 14 tires stacked up in my shed mostly different sizes and tred depths from past vehicles that I couldn't get $20 for... is selling the PZero's easier?

I don't mind spending $800-$1000 on new tires/mounting/balancing but I would want to recoup. most (certainly not all) of that money by selling the PZeros.

Has anyone else done this when first getting their car? What tire did you go with for a solid all-season with great grip/handling and long lasting treads? And what's the easiest way to sell the PZero's once they are stacked in your garage?

Same question but pertaining to the two rear wheels on the Performance Pack (so I can square up the wheels)...how much demand is there for rear PP rims?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Sponsored

OLDFLM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
I'd be interested in your rear tires if you decide to swap them out.

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
#linelock

You're welcome :thumbsup:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Let's say I was not using my stock PP wheels for A/S tires. Personally, I have no problem with PZeros other than the apparently fact their causal to wheel hop, which I don't really get because I am not a hooligan and all my IRS stuff. Anywho... I'd be a buyer willing to pay a max of $400 picked up only IF I needed tires at that exact time.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
They would sell quickly IMO.
The Pzeros are good tires and we all know how fast they wear for ppl that drive it a little harder.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea I would probably take the fronts for a couple hundos. Live anywhere near Philly?

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Yeah I just got done after 9000 miles burning up my rears. My fronts still have 7/32 tread on them. I'm considering seeing how much anyone would be willing to spend needing fronts. Either that or I can just keep them around for some desperate rainy day I need to quickly and cheaply put a front tire on my rim to get me by temporarily. I only know that I'm ditching the Pirellis for some Michelin Pilot Super Sports all around.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Now is your chance to make a serious visual and performance mod.
Get a new set of wheels and tires. You could get some very nice shoes for $2000.
Sell your PP set for $1000.
Can you justify that expense?

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Now is your chance to make a serious visual and performance mod.
Get a new set of wheels and tires. You could get some very nice shoes for $2000.
Sell your PP set for $1000.
Can you justify that expense?
Judging by the responses so far, no. Apparently these only go for about $100 a tire. Not sure where they can be bought that cheaply.

I actually like the PP wheels, just want to square them off. So the two rear would have to be replaced.

-Emt1581

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Let's say I was not using my stock PP wheels for A/S tires. Personally, I have no problem with PZeros other than the apparently fact their causal to wheel hop, which I don't really get because I am not a hooligan and all my IRS stuff. Anywho... I'd be a buyer willing to pay a max of $400 picked up only IF I needed tires at that exact time.
I would definitely purchase the front tires if the OP was local to me. I'd purchase them right now as I'll be replacing tires in the next month. My OEM P's lasted me 15k miles.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I actually like the PP wheels, just want to square them off. So the two rear would have to be replaced.

-Emt1581
Fair enough. Ill give you until the end of the summer until you get disgusted trying to clean them. One giant PITA.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Fair enough. Ill give you until the end of the summer until you get disgusted trying to clean them. One giant PITA.
This^. Also seems like all the aftermarket wheels are made so they are even more of a pain in the arse to keep clean.
Sponsored