Sponsored

e91? wtf

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
I finally found a gas station in my area that had summer blend e85. Ethanol was at 60% before I filled, start driving and it started rising and stopped at 69. A minute later it dropped back to 60 then started climbing fast to 91%. I understand ethanol readings aren't always on point and can vary from what its reading but AFR is at 9.3-9.5 so the car is seeing 91%? STFT are within 2% and lambda is right on the money. Did a WOT pull and had -7.56 knock.
Car feels great and the data is spot on but im confused how I have 91% ethanol. Does anyone know how this happened and if this might cause a problem? Did the baby jesus reward me for waiting so long to finally get a summer blend?
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I finally found a gas station in my area that had summer blend e85. Ethanol was at 60% before I filled, start driving and it started rising and stopped at 69. A minute later it dropped back to 60 then started climbing fast to 91%. I understand ethanol readings aren't always on point and can vary from what its reading but AFR is at 9.3-9.5 so the car is seeing 91%? STFT are within 2% and lambda is right on the money. Did a WOT pull and had -7.56 knock.
Car feels great and the data is spot on but im confused how I have 91% ethanol. Does anyone know how this happened and if this might cause a problem? Did the baby jesus reward me for waiting so long to finally get a summer blend?
The station near my house has E85 that tested consistently over 90 last summer. In October, I got some that tested 96!!

OP
OP
ChiTownStang26

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
@18 Smoke

Thanks for the info I thought I was missing something!
Sponsored