Sponsored

E85 Drum delivery options

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Anyone here have E85 delivered to your house ? I am interested in storing a 55 gal drum as I plan to get a flex tune for my GT350. The closest E85 station is 40 mins away but the price is good about $1.85 a gallon. I see "race E85" on the internet (Ignite E85) but the price is closer to $7.00 a gallon depending (not including shipping cost).

I have considered getting a 55 gal drum and filling it myself but there is literally no way I can get a filled drum out of the back of my truck without either breaking my spine or blowing myself up.

How do you all deal with this, what is the most cost effective least hassle way to get good quality E85 delivered to my house ?

Thanks. :cheers:
Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
I would suggest that you look into a bulk gasoline tank, maybe a 300 gallon size. Don't know your situation if you live in a town, city,burbs or the good ole'countryside. Check around your area for a distributor that runs deliveries to shops, business, home owners,farms. Most likely they have a source for tanks also.

We are farmers & it is relativity pretty easy in our area to make this happen.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would suggest that you look into a bulk gasoline tank, maybe a 300 gallon size. Don't know your situation if you live in a town, city,burbs or the good ole'countryside. Check around your area for a distributor that runs deliveries to shops, business, home owners,farms. Most likely they have a source for tanks also.

We are farmers & it is relativity pretty easy in our area to make this happen.

Kind of the burbs but more out in the country, Their is a lot of rural farming here in central FL. Thanks for the tip.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
IMHO, just run race fuel when you need it. You live in FL, and can get 93 all day long for daily driving. You can buy Sunoco race fuel in smaller quantities at various locations.

Go to http://www.sunocoracefuels.com and see if maybe this works. No special tune required, your computer will automatically advance ignition when higher octane is present.

OP
OP
EF300

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMHO, just run race fuel when you need it. You live in FL, and can get 93 all day long for daily driving. You can buy Sunoco race fuel in smaller quantities at various locations.

Go to http://www.sunocoracefuels.com and see if maybe this works. No special tune required, your computer will automatically advance ignition when higher octane is present.
Yes there is a gtx260 pump close to me but they are charging $10 a gallon.!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes there is a gtx260 pump close to me but they are charging $10 a gallon.!
Some of those tunes require a flash IIRC. I wouldn't void my warranty. I plan to run race fuel on the track and just chalk it up to the cost of this expensive hobby.

Is E85 common by you? I've never seen it around my parts.

Edited to add: I see you can get e85 for under $2 a gallon. Missed it.

All the trouble of 40 mins away, I don't know if it's worth it. The car on the street as it is with 93 octane is still an excersize in self control. For the track, I'd say hell yea.

Last edited:

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have a 93 tune and an e85. The closest e85 station to me is 70 miles. What I do, is like you said, I have a 55 gallon drum that I drive to the e85 station and fill up when needed. As far as, getting it off the truck, get two used tires and bounce the drum off of the tailgate on to the tires on the ground. At that point, I just use my dolly to move where needed. I usually only run the e85 when I am ready to race or go to the track.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I have a 93 tune and an e85. The closest e85 station to me is 70 miles. What I do, is like you said, I have a 55 gallon drum that I drive to the e85 station and fill up when needed. As far as, getting it off the truck, get two used tires and bounce the drum off of the tailgate on to the tires on the ground. At that point, I just use my dolly to move where needed. I usually only run the e85 when I am ready to race or go to the track.
It's easier to keep the drum at your place and buy 11 5 gallon ones. You're working way too hard in my opinion. Screw all that trying to move a heavy drum around.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
How long does e85 last? Can it go stale? I'm in Myrtle Beach and we no e85, and I already have a lund flex tune.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
How long does e85 last? Can it go stale? I'm in Myrtle Beach and we no e85, and I already have a lund flex tune.
It can be kept up to one year if it's in a properly sealed drum. You really will want to buy a very high quality drum. I don't keep my graco pump in when it's not in use, I seal it back up.

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Id be more worried about the E85 collecting water.

Id 2nd the whole 5 gallon can thing and use it as you go rather than store and move the 55 gal.

Reactions: H6G

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

Id 2nd the whole 5 gallon can thing and use it as you go rather than store and move the 55 gal.
If sealed properly it's good. If stored improperly it won't last 3 months. There are definitely do's and donts with storing it. I also use e85 stabilizer in my mustang since it doesn't see lots of miles also coupled with a upper cylinder lubricant. 2.5 oz of each when I fill up.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
What's a good upper cylinder lubricant?

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
What's a good upper cylinder lubricant?
Cheapest way to buy this being it's not offered in 1 gallon size

Lucas e85 stabilizer.
https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-10576-Safeguard-Conditioner/dp/B004FW77F0

Lucas fuel treatment. Cheapest way to buy this in the gallon
https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-10013-Fuel-Treatment-Gallon/dp/B000FW7V50

I've got a couple of the smaller Lucas fuel treatment 5.25oz bottles. I keep 2 in the mustang. I put 2.5 oz of the e85 stabilizer and 2.5 of upper cylinder/fuel treatment. You could do 3 and 3 every time but I've found 2.5 and 2.5 works for the second fill up using it. The reason being 3 oz of each treat 15 gallons. I never let the gas light come on (1/4 fill ups) so I do 2.5 and 2.5 since there is always still some treatment in the tank.

If your car doesn't sit for any period of time you probably don't need the e85 stabilizer. My car sits a few weeks at a time. I don't drive it every weekend but some occasions i do. So if you don't just refill out of the gallon into the 16 oz bottles. You'll find you don't need to switch back every so often to 93 for fuel system lubrication.

Two of those e85 bottles will damn near treat a 55 gallon drum. It'll help with long term storage also.

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That's right......
The ethanol sucks up water the longer it sits, so it has to be sealed very, very well if you're storing it for several weeks. If you're going to longterm storage (>6 weeks) you'll need a metal container. E85 will eat away at the plastic over long periods of time. Also, E85 content is rated differently throughout the year. Summer season E85 will have a different rating than Winter E85(E70). The longer you store it, the more susceptible it is to begin to lose octane.
Sponsored