Dropping oil pan 2018+

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hey guys. Trying to install opg and crank sprockets here. When dropping the oil pan, how have yall gotten to that one nut that is right above the steering rack? All of the other ones weren't so bad, but that one is terrible. Any tips or tricks? I'm on Jack stands btw.
Sponsored

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
I know the one you are talking about. I got stuck on it for quite awhile. I did end up using a regular old combination wrench alternating between the open end and boxed end to break it loose and tighten it. One hand through the wheel well and one from the front of the motor. Remove the bolts forward of it especially the one with the stud and you should be able to get a finger or two on it from the front to looses by hand once it’s broken free. Also helps getting the wrench on it and holding it on so your other hand coming from behind can loosen it. It was a bitch but once I figured out the positioning it went together much easier

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I know the one you are talking about. I got stuck on it for quite awhile. I did end up using a regular old combination wrench alternating between the open end and boxed end to break it loose and tighten it. One hand through the wheel well and one from the front of the motor. Remove the bolts forward of it especially the one with the stud and you should be able to get a finger or two on it from the front to looses by hand once it’s broken free. Also helps getting the wrench on it and holding it on so your other hand coming from behind can loosen it. It was a bitch but once I figured out the positioning it went together much easier
i appreciate the detailed response! i ended up getting it last night with a low profile torque wrench and some patience, with a little bit of swearing. turns out the bolt was stripped a little prior to this too, so im going to replace it.

hopefully getting it back on wont be too bad..
Sponsored