Sponsored

Driver Seat Creaking

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
Does anyone have this issue? My Driver seat is creaking in the middle back area when your sitting or if you push on it.

I was hoping if someone fixed this it was an easy fix; hate to have the dealer pull this apart. They treat these cars like they work for Chevy.

Thanks.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does anyone have this issue? My Driver seat is creaking in the middle back area when your sitting or if you push on it.

I was hoping if someone fixed this it was an easy fix; hate to have the dealer pull this apart. They treat these cars like they work for Chevy.

Thanks.
Hi shockme66,

If you do decide to head to your dealer, please let us know. We'll be able to check out some additional assistance.

Meagan

OP
OP
shockme66

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi shockme66,

If you do decide to head to your dealer, please let us know. We'll be able to check out some additional assistance.

Meagan
It's going to the dealer on Monday. Thanks.

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
My passenger side did the same. It would do it all the time with my wife (105lbs) in the seat going over the littlest bumps. Only it wouldn't do it with me or my friends sitting in the seat. The dealer switched out the seat track and all seems to be good now.

Sent from my Nexus 6

2016mustangEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost Performance Package
I've noticed mine doing this as well, its almost as if there is a pocket of air that is 'popping,' particularly when I re-adjust to sit back further in the seat when putting my seat belt on etc. Let me know what the dealer tells you please, want to see if I think it would be worth the time or if I should just put up with it lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
shockme66

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I brought my car in yesterday; typical ford service thus far. They acknowledged the issue but want to take the whole seat apart and need me to come back when they can have the car the whole day. They are giving me a loaner, but I always feel like I'm bringing my car to non-experts and they are going to learn as they go.

To further rant; I love how they tell me they call the Ford Tech line and there are no kn own fixes at this time for the issue. What does that even mean; if you can't fix it then replace it!! I had another issue with the headlight being loose and they won't fix it because they claim the headlight bracket broke and they would need to replace the housing which is $1100; that's not my problem; fix it!! They continue to tell me that the only way the headlight bracket can break it if it's in a accident. Well come on obviously my car wasn't in an accident; there is no other damage.

I love my mustang but hate the Ford service!! This is a major area for Ford to improve upon.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's going to the dealer on Monday. Thanks.
I brought my car in yesterday; typical ford service thus far. They acknowledged the issue but want to take the whole seat apart and need me to come back when they can have the car the whole day. They are giving me a loaner, but I always feel like I'm bringing my car to non-experts and they are going to learn as they go.

To further rant; I love how they tell me they call the Ford Tech line and there are no kn own fixes at this time for the issue. What does that even mean; if you can't fix it then replace it!! I had another issue with the headlight being loose and they won't fix it because they claim the headlight bracket broke and they would need to replace the housing which is $1100; that's not my problem; fix it!! They continue to tell me that the only way the headlight bracket can break it if it's in a accident. Well come on obviously my car wasn't in an accident; there is no other damage.

I love my mustang but hate the Ford service!! This is a major area for Ford to improve upon.
Let’s get this escalated for you, shockme66. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

I've noticed mine doing this as well, its almost as if there is a pocket of air that is 'popping,' particularly when I re-adjust to sit back further in the seat when putting my seat belt on etc. Let me know what the dealer tells you please, want to see if I think it would be worth the time or if I should just put up with it lol
You should bring yours into your dealership and get it checked out as well, 2016mustangEB. Let me know what they say.

Deysha

OP
OP
shockme66

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem has been fixed.
seat.jpg
Sponsored