Sponsored

Driveline Vibration when cold start

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Seen some posts on this but none really pertain to my issue.

Have a 2020 PP1,when It's cold out or he diest drive of the day and I take it right out on the highway for 5 mins or so there is a vibration under my seat. Then it goes away and doesn't return at all til the next day or cold start/drive.Very weird! Could this be tire related,balancing issues? Or something else entirely.Have new wheels/tires on order so hopefully that does the trick but if not then what other areas could it be.Has 16k miles on it. Can't imagine the driveshaft being bad already.

I do have a catback and lower control arms but it did it before I installed those mods so it shouldn't be from them.

Anyone have a similiar issue or ideas on the cause?

Thanks
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
How cold are we talking? I see you're in FL so 50-60 degrees?

I have had this happen when it's ~10-20 degrees and I'm still on summer tires. They get rock hard when cold and only warm up after driving on them for a few minutes.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Your tires are having a slight flat spot issue. I have the same issue with my 19 inch P-Zeros after the car sits for a day or two. The problem goes away once you get some highway driving and warmth in the tires.

OP
OP
RoGCobraRV

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yeah im in north florida,it gets into the 40s sometimes even lower, albeit unlikely now in april.

Suprising you can feel it that much through the tires but I guess when I get my new set road force balanced I'll see if that clears it up
Sponsored