Drake Hood Pin install question

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
For anybody that has installed these, did you remove the MAF and intake housing? The instructions say to do this but I can't for the life of me figure out why. It isn't anywhere near in the way.
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
@Blue Moon, you did these right? What did you do?
I let the body shop do mine when they painted the new hood. Pins go on the radiator supports.

I don't have a good hood-up pic that shows the pins, but this might put you in the ballpark:

48806621581_ce7918eca9_b.jpg

OP
OP
2017GBGTPP

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I let the body shop do mine when they painted the new hood. Pins go on the radiator supports.

I don't have a good hood-up pic that shows the pins, but this might put you in the ballpark:

48806621581_ce7918eca9_b.jpg
Thanks! The enclosed instructions show that exact placement. I guess I'll just have to be careful and see if there is a reason to remove the air box.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! The enclosed instructions show that exact placement. I guess I'll just have to be careful and see if there is a reason to remove the air box.
Does Drake not have any answer for your queries?

Sponsored

OP
OP
2017GBGTPP

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Does Drake not have any answer for your queries?
Eh, I didn't bother to contact them. I just finished installing them and saw no need to remove the intake filter cover or MAF sensor. The intake resonator was kind of in the way of getting under the radiator cover, but I don't know any easy way to remove it and I was able to work around it.

Drake Muscle Cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Eh, I didn't bother to contact them. I just finished installing them and saw no need to remove the intake filter cover or MAF sensor. The intake resonator was kind of in the way of getting under the radiator cover, but I don't know any easy way to remove it and I was able to work around it.
Happy you were able to get them sorted out! The removal of those parts is just intended to make the install easier, though it sounds like it wasn't an issue for you.

Never hesitate to reach out with questions though, we're here to help!

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Drake Muscle Cars ive just purchased the hood pin kit for my 2018 mustang but it seems to be missing the instructions. Could you message me with a download link or a pdf copy please? Thanks.
Sponsored