Does Your LE Have The BBQ Tic?

BHRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary #1326 - 2016 Z51 Stingray - 1972 C10 Cheyenne
I've been reading the Tic threads and per the info provided it's been an issue with Gen 1 and our Gen 2 engines. The Gen 3 engines have a host of issues not related to ours. It makes me wonder how many of our cars have the tic.

I bought mine used with 2978 miles and unsure how it was driven or broken in. I now have a little over 14,000 and will change oil at 15,000. I was going to switch to synthetic, but decided to stick with MC 5W20 for now. I've changed oil twice and haven't experienced any tic noises after the oil change. I do prefill the filter with a 1/2 quart of oil to help prevent a dry start. I wonder if that makes any difference.

At 13,000 I had a noise that sounded like the valve train ticking between 1500 and 2000 rpm's, but it turned out to be the exhaust resonator of all things. At that time the AC compressor was whining and was replaced. When they tested the AC system it was discovered that the evaporator was leaking and it was replaced as well. Hopefully the 'known' issues have been resolved. At this moment I do not have any noises other than normal valve train and injectors.

Do any of you have the Tic with your LE?
Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I've got 14K on mine. The only issue I've had was A/C related. Some door thingie wasn't moving back/forth to provide cold air to both sides. I used the ESP to get that fixed. Other than that no issues or engine noises.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Nothing to note here. Although I just got it and have put about 1k miles on it. Now the car has just over 20k. Seems to be doing great,

OP
OP
BHRS

BHRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary #1326 - 2016 Z51 Stingray - 1972 C10 Cheyenne
I'm glad to hear no one so far has the tick. It also looks like we are the only three keeping this section alive. What happened to all the other LE's? Surely they are not all sitting in museums or private collection just dusted and looked at?

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
It also looks like we are the only three keeping this section alive. What happened to all the other LE's? Surely they are not all sitting in museums or private collection just dusted and looked at?
Being a new owner I thought this forum would be a little more active myself. I guess it is up to us!
Sponsored